Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How do I enable 3D support and change the bass and treble in SuSE 9.2? Post 58086 by locustfurnace on Saturday 13th of November 2004 02:15:58 AM
Old 11-13-2004
Then it is possible Alsa does not fully support your card. You may need to investigate this further.
With my SoundBlaster card, there is about 50 various adjustments to make.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable php & java support in apache

Hello guys, I am in desperate need for this information: I have an apache server running on linux (suse 8.1) I am unable to run php or java code on it, and I wonder what is wrong. for the php case, the browser asks me how he should treat the file, namely download it to my local drive or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable hpet support in unix

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a machine, the BIOS doesn't offer a choice to enable/disable HPET, I know in Linux, the hpet.c file can be modified to turn on and off the hpet, I am looking for a way to do this in UNIX as well. Is there already code existed for the modification? If not can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAKAMOMO
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE Linux 9.0 resolution change

Hello, We have a Suse Linux 9.0 box at work and I need to change the video resolution on it. We have command line interface only. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing so? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

KVM support on suse

Is KVM supported on suse SLES10 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Speed Bumps on the Road to Cyber Situational Awareness - Tim Bass

Speed Bumps on the Road to Cyber Situational Awareness Happy Holidays! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
SB(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     SB(4)

NAME
sb -- SoundBlaster family (and compatible) audio device driver SYNOPSIS
sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 drq2 5 sb1 at isa? port 0x240 irq 7 drq 1 flags 1 sb* at isapnp? sb* at pnpbios? index ? audio* at audiobus? midi* at sb? mpu* at sb? opl* at sb? DESCRIPTION
The sb driver provides support for the SoundBlaster, SoundBlaster Pro, SoundBlaster 16, Jazz 16, SoundBlaster AWE 32, SoundBlaster AWE 64, and hardware register-level compatible audio cards. The SoundBlaster series are half-duplex cards, capable of 8- and 16-bit audio sample recording and playback at rates up to 44.1kHz (depending on the particular model). The base I/O port address is usually jumper-selected to either 0x220 or 0x240 (newer cards may provide software configuration, but this driver does not directly support them--you must configure the card for its I/O addresses with other software). The SoundBlaster takes 16 I/O ports. For the SoundBlaster and SoundBlaster Pro, the IRQ and DRQ channels are jumper-selected. For the SoundBlaster 16, the IRQ and DRQ channels are set by this driver to the values specified in the config file. The IRQ must be selected from the set {5,7,9,10}. The configuration file must use 1 flags specification to enable the Jazz16 support. This is to avoid potential conflicts with other devices when probing the Jazz 16 because it requires use of extra I/O ports not in the base port range. With a SoundBlaster 16 card the device is full duplex, but it can only sensibly handle a precision of 8 bits. It does so by extending the output 8 bit samples to 16 bits and using the 8 bit DMA channel for input and the 16 bit channel for output. The joystick interface (if enabled by a jumper) is handled by the joy(4) driver, and the optional SCSI CD-ROM interface is handled by the aic(4) driver. SoundBlaster 16 cards have MPU401 emulation and can use the mpu attachment, older cards have a different way to generate MIDI and has a midi device attached directly to the sb. SEE ALSO
aic(4), audio(4), isa(4), isapnp(4), joy(4), midi(4), mpu(4), opl(4), pnpbios(4) HISTORY
The sb device driver appeared in NetBSD 1.0. BUGS
Non-SCSI CD-ROM interfaces are not supported. The MIDI interface on the SB hardware is braindead, and the driver needs to busy wait while writing MIDI data. This will consume a lot of system time. BSD
June 22, 2005 BSD