Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: keeping history of command
Operating Systems Solaris keeping history of command Post 57717 by legato on Thursday 4th of November 2004 07:41:47 PM
Old 11-04-2004
Hammer & Screwdriver

thanks a lot n have a nice weekend ahead!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command history

Dear all, I am using solaris 6 O.S. and root previlege.I want to know how to get history of commands given by diff. users logged into the server. I know that history command gives the list of previous commands for that particular log in session. In the simillar manner can I get simillar history... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

Hello everyone, I am aware about the history command we use in bash. Just had a question regarding the history of commands. Is there any way i can limit my commands to be remembered or is there any way to delete the commands used by myself? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

History Command

Hi all experts, I want to see all the command that is typed in the server 3 days ago. I typed HISTORY command but it does not show all the things. The reason is my senior DBA could see all the commands ran in the server 3 days ago but i cannot see. Please let me know is there anyway i can view... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi command history

How do you look at the whole list of previous commands you have used in VI? I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the full list. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash script, how to assign output of a command to a variable while keeping tabs?

Hi, wondering if it's been asked before but didn't find matches from google. Basically I have this line: myvar=$(echo -e "a\tb") Now somehow the '\t' from the echo output gets replaced with white space and then stored in $myvar. It creates a problem for me later to use tab as delimiter to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: birddie
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

8. AIX

History command

How to get the other user history file. I would like to check the commands issues from my teammate. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariappan.m
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh Searching for a string within a file and keeping a count= get the following Sample01=: command

I have a script that goes through a 24 hr logfile, And i want to count the instances of a Test01 to 83 and output the sum of all the instances over 24hrs #/bin/ksh cat $parse_data | awk '/'$time$i'/ {for(x=0; x<=16; x++) {getline; print}print "--" }' > _hr.txt for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: k00061804
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

hi i want to show my history command in UNIX solaris ( bash shell ),, i tried this command ( HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " ) but it's not working with me ,, is there any restricted condition to do this command any one know why it's not working to me .. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mondo32
10 Replies
nice(2) 							   System Calls 							   nice(2)

NAME
nice - change priority of a process SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int nice(int incr); DESCRIPTION
The nice() function allows a process to change its priority. The invoking process must be in a scheduling class that supports the nice(). The nice() function adds the value of incr to the nice value of the calling process. A process's nice value is a non-negative number for which a greater positive value results in lower CPU priority. A maximum nice value of (2 * NZERO) -1 and a minimum nice value of 0 are imposed by the system. NZERO is defined in <limits.h> with a default value of 20. Requests for values above or below these limits result in the nice value being set to the corresponding limit. A nice value of 40 is treated as 39. Calling the nice() function has no effect on the priority of processes or threads with policy SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR. Only a process with the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege can lower the nice value. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, nice() returns the new nice value minus NZERO. Otherwise, -1 is returned, the process's nice value is not changed, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The nice() function will fail if: EINVAL The nice() function is called by a process in a scheduling class other than time-sharing or fixed-priority. EPERM The incr argument is negative or greater than 40 and the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
The priocntl(2) function is a more general interface to scheduler functions. Since -1 is a permissible return value in a successful situation, an application wishing to check for error situations should set errno to 0, then call nice(), and if it returns -1, check to see if errno is non-zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nice(1), exec(2), priocntl(2), getpriority(3C), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Apr 2004 nice(2)