Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris on Intel
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris on Intel Post 55800 by kuultak on Monday 20th of September 2004 09:27:58 AM
Old 09-20-2004
Some software requires the 64 bit kernel mode and on Intel it runs the 32 bit mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Installation (Intel)

Pls help i've used the boot assistance disk to boot my computer (P3 300) after checking the drivers , i select the CD to install , however, the computer said it can't mount the CD CD is download from sun.com (solaris 8) my CD rom is Misabushi and Ricoh (7060) , both cannot do so, what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazamih
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

video drivers for solaris (intel) 5.7

i am looking for video drivers for a hercules stingray 128/3d card running on an HP vectra with solaris i386 version 7. can anyone point me to a download? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomasaowens
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris 8 on Intel TCP/IP

I have just installed solaris 8 for Intel on one of my machines at home and I have a cable modem connection with a static IP and I am using a linksys cable/dsl router to assign IP's to my machines. I was wondering if any of you guys know the specific files and examples of the files I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggie316
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

kde on solaris 8 intel

hi. Have anyone use kde for solaris, if so can you help me download and configure it. i don't know which files i should download for solaris because there lots of files. Could you point me to the right path.thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
9 Replies

5. Programming

C Compiler for Solaris 8 (Intel)

hi I'm looking for a C Compiler that will run on a Solaris 8 (Intel) platform and that doesn't need to be complied. I've tried gcc binaries but they don't seem to work. Thanx. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Intel

Do you now have to pay to download the Solaris 8 OE? If so when did they change it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tycobb
3 Replies

7. Solaris

solaris 9 intel installtion problem

Hi im trying to install solaris 9 Intel and when i insert the installation cd, i run threw all the steps and when it goes and configure the system it fails with this error cannot mount root on /pci@0,0/pci-ide@2.1/ide@1/sd@0,0"a fstype ufs panic/thread=fec29020" vfs_mountroot: cannot mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dennisca
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Intel Based Solaris

Hello all mentor. I am a new in this furom and also just self studying unix environment. :confused: I have installed intel solaris 9 in my laptop and i have forgotten the root password nor maybe the numlock or capslock of the keyboard was enabled during I enter the password installation... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
3 Replies

9. Solaris

OBP on Solaris 10-intel

Hi All, How can I go to OBP on Solaris 10-intel? I tried doing ctrl+c or ctrl+break, it won't go to the "ok" prompt. Thanks in advance, itik (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
6 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris 10 cd install(intel)

just need help with loading solaris 10 from cds that i bought from sun. i have a dell box that had solaris 8 on it, wiped it and stuck in the cd1 for solaris 10. selected "solaris" for install. went through a few minutes then comes up with"sunOS Release 5.10 version generic_137138-09 32-bit,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flir11
3 Replies
VM86(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   VM86(2)

NAME
vm86old, vm86 - enter virtual 8086 mode SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/vm86.h> int vm86old(struct vm86_struct *info); int vm86(unsigned long fn, struct vm86plus_struct *v86); DESCRIPTION
The system call vm86() was introduced in Linux 0.97p2. In Linux 2.1.15 and 2.0.28, it was renamed to vm86old(), and a new vm86() was introduced. The definition of struct vm86_struct was changed in 1.1.8 and 1.1.9. These calls cause the process to enter VM86 mode (virtual-8086 in Intel literature), and are used by dosemu. VM86 mode is an emulation of real mode within a protected mode task. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT This return value is specific to i386 and indicates a problem with getting user-space data. ENOSYS This return value indicates the call is not implemented on the present architecture. EPERM Saved kernel stack exists. (This is a kernel sanity check; the saved stack should exist only within vm86 mode itself.) CONFORMING TO
This call is specific to Linux on 32-bit Intel processors, and should not be used in programs intended to be portable. COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2009-02-20 VM86(2)