Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openbsd : cannot login
Operating Systems BSD openbsd : cannot login Post 55761 by PomaH 6yxDAK on Sunday 19th of September 2004 02:19:30 PM
Old 09-19-2004
try to setup the login program, but I sink that it must be in /bin/ dir...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD as router?

Hi Right now, my computer is connected directly to the internet.. but I recently got another one, and now I want to use this to share my internet connection to the other one. The new one has openbsd installed.. How should I do? I also need to forward connections on some ports to my old... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
4 Replies

3. BSD

setting up OpenBSD 4.0

ok these questions may be a little silly but I just started using OpenBSD as I came from Linux... 1. How do I make my desktop in X all snazzy like, I have wallpapers that need to be used. while I admit it will mainly be used for things I wont need a wallpaper for, you just never know :p, im... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siphter
4 Replies

4. BSD

OpenBSD and wireless

I've just installed OpenBSD on my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T42) and since this is my first time with wireless networking in OpenBSD I'm a bit lost. What I would like to do is connect to a wireless network using WEP or WPA. Where do I place the key and essid? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmy66
3 Replies

5. BSD

RAIDing openbsd 4.2

Hello! Can anyone tell me how to make software RAID1 on openbsd 4.2. I try by some manuals but have no results.Maybe is somewhere good manual directly to openbsd 4.2 version? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kasparens
1 Replies

6. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

7. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question: Automatic launching of a CLI menu upon login (OpenBSD)

Hi all, I am OpenBSD newbie and currently need to manage some OpenBSD firewalls running pf. The OpenBSD version is 4.8 As the other sys admins are not so familiar with OpenBSD, so I have an idea across in my mind on how to minimize the root account usage and other unnecessary access and make... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
9 Replies

9. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

10. BSD

NFSD under OpenBSD

Hi all, I am having a following problem. Trying to run PXE boot server on my OpenBSD machine I have ended up on making NFSd daemon works. On all machines I get an error msg. nfsd : nfsd count is invalid: (null) no matter what computer I run it on. Everything works just well on FreeBSD and linux.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smoofy
1 Replies
bio(3)								      OpenSSL								    bio(3)

NAME
bio - I/O abstraction SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bio.h> TBA DESCRIPTION
A BIO is an I/O abstraction, it hides many of the underlying I/O details from an application. If an application uses a BIO for its I/O it can transparently handle SSL connections, unencrypted network connections and file I/O. There are two type of BIO, a source/sink BIO and a filter BIO. As its name implies a source/sink BIO is a source and/or sink of data, examples include a socket BIO and a file BIO. A filter BIO takes data from one BIO and passes it through to another, or the application. The data may be left unmodified (for example a message digest BIO) or translated (for example an encryption BIO). The effect of a filter BIO may change according to the I/O operation it is performing: for example an encryption BIO will encrypt data if it is being written to and decrypt data if it is being read from. BIOs can be joined together to form a chain (a single BIO is a chain with one component). A chain normally consist of one source/sink BIO and one or more filter BIOs. Data read from or written to the first BIO then traverses the chain to the end (normally a source/sink BIO). SEE ALSO
BIO_ctrl(3), BIO_f_base64(3), BIO_f_buffer(3), BIO_f_cipher(3), BIO_f_md(3), BIO_f_null(3), BIO_f_ssl(3), BIO_find_type(3), BIO_new(3), BIO_new_bio_pair(3), BIO_push(3), BIO_read(3), BIO_s_accept(3), BIO_s_bio(3), BIO_s_connect(3), BIO_s_fd(3), BIO_s_file(3), BIO_s_mem(3), BIO_s_null(3), BIO_s_socket(3), BIO_set_callback(3), BIO_should_retry(3) 0.9.7a 2001-04-12 bio(3)