Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: glib and gaim
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers glib and gaim Post 5534 by mib on Thursday 16th of August 2001 09:45:04 AM
Old 08-16-2001
checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 1.2.9, but GLIB (1.2.10)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best

I think you installed glib 1.2.9 when you have glib 1.2.10 in your system without uninstalling it first. The problem here is glib-config returns version 1.2.9 (one that you installed ) but when searching for libs it founds glib 1.2.10 which was in the system before.

I had the same problem before when I tried to install GTK+. I installed glib 1.2.10 (from source) without uninstalling the old one and GTK+ configure script complained version conflict. I fixed this by editing /etc/ld.so.conf . I placed /usr/local/lib (where my glib 1.2.10 was installed ) top in the list and run 'ldconfig'.

But recommended way to fix this error is to uninstall glib first.
rpm -e --nodeps glib
Make sure 'glib-config' returns no version thereafter.

Then reinstall glib. You can install glib either from the SUSE CD or download the latest from http://www.gtk.org

HTH

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Asking for gaim

Hello all users in this forum. I trye to update my gaim protocol for getting to msn messenger with Linux Mandrake KDE 3.1. Please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itasm
2 Replies

2. SuSE

Gaim connect to MSN exchange

Is it possible for GAIM to connect to an MSN Exchange Instant Messaging server? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhinge
5 Replies

3. Solaris

GLib 2.14.1

Hi, I have downloaded the glib 2.14.1 package from sunfreeware.com and installed it with pkgadd. However, glib-config --version shows the old version which is 1.2.10. I tried using crle but it just blew stuff up. I also tried glib-config --prefix=/usr/local but it doesn't seem to stick. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cshore
2 Replies

4. Linux

glib-devel-2

Hi I want to install glib-devel-2.xx on suse 9 linux. I downloaded from below site, Index of /pub/gnome/sources/glib/2.24 and installed using normal configure,make,make install. Am I correct or something else is required? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies
libgio-2.0(3)							C Library Functions						     libgio-2.0(3)

NAME
libgio-2.0 - GLib Object System DESCRIPTION
GIO provides a modern, easy-to-use virtual file system (VFS) API. GIO provides facilities for file monitoring, asynchronous I/O and file- name completion. GIO provides implementation for local use. Implementions for various network file systems are provided by gvfs as load- able modules. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libgio-2.0.so GLib I/O shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gio Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1), glib-gettextize(1), glib-mkenums(1), gobject-query(1) libglib-2.0(3), libgobject-2.0(3), libgiomm-2.4(3), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 libgio-2.0(3)