Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: starting SWAT
Operating Systems Linux SuSE starting SWAT Post 54375 by keliy1 on Wednesday 11th of August 2004 10:42:21 PM
Old 08-11-2004
Thanx a the swat server is working good

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up

:confused: I have put together an old machine with a 386DX CPU (40MHz) with 8Mb of RAM and a 160Mb hard disk. One guy told me that its still suitable for UNIX. Can enyone give me some hints on how to start? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

swat's smb.conf file?

i am running samba 3 on solaris 9 i have a question where is the smb.conf located is it in /usr/local/samba/lib or private (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Storedge Workload Analysis Tool (SWAT)

Does anyone know where I can download this software from , or is it part of a software package that has to be bought. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

swat library error on Solaris 9

Hi, I had define swat in /etc/services, in /etc/inet/inetd.conf. When I start swat http://localhost:901 I receive the follow message: ld.so.1: swat: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Then I restart the system and the same message is comming. The swat is only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuellerUrs
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing SWAT to administer Samba

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5.2 for a specific reason. Anyway I would really like to use SWAT to administer Samba. Samba is currently installed and working almost successfully however SWAT would make life a bit easier. I have tried rpm -ivh samba-swat but it can't find the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drag0n
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

SWAT Installation problems

Hi, I have been trying to install SWAT on redhat 6 for samba4. The samba server was installed by another administrator but not swat. Please find output of yum install samba-swat in the attached file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
LINUX-VERSION(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LINUX-VERSION(1)

NAME
linux-version - operate on Linux kernel version strings SYNOPSIS
linux-version compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 linux-version sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] linux-version list [--paths] DESCRIPTION
linux-version operates on Linux kernel version strings as reported by uname -r and used in file and directory names. These version strings do not follow the same rules as Debian package version strings and should not be compared as such or as arbitrary strings. compare VERSION1 OP VERSION2 Compare version strings, where OP is a binary operator. linux-version returns success (zero result) if the specified condition is satisfied, and failure (nonzero result) otherwise. The valid operators are: lt le eq ne ge gt sort [--reverse] [VERSION1 VERSION2 ...] Sort the given version strings and print them in order from lowest to highest. If the --reverse option is used, print them in order from highest to lowest. If no version strings are given as arguments, the version strings will instead be read from standard input, one per line. They may be suffixed by arbitrary text after a space, which will be included in the output. This means that, for example: linux-version list --paths | linux-version sort --reverse will list the installed versions and corresponding paths in order from highest to lowest version. list [--paths] List kernel versions installed in the customary location. If the --paths option, show the corresponding path for each version. AUTHOR
linux-version and this manual page were written by Ben Hutchings as part of the Debian linux-base package. 30 March 2011 LINUX-VERSION(1)