Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set up unix partition..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Set up unix partition.. Post 52245 by Rado03 on Monday 14th of June 2004 03:57:12 PM
Old 06-14-2004
I know it is running with Solaris 8. Is there anything else that I can check to help us out. In which Dir. can I find this info?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format fat partition in unix

I got a FAT partition mounted as /mnt, as I believed you only can mount partitions when they are formated, but when I want to copy a file to the /mnt partition I only get errors...should I format it or do I have to change settings? I only can work through the "WebMin" (a GREAT TOOL!) cause I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NaRtHeXs
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove a unix boot partition ?

Hi group member, I'm as new as a newbie can get on Unix, so bear with me . I just got a task of installing NT on a box that had some sort of unix on it. Once I reboot, i always get a Grub> screen and I dont' know how to get rid of it. Just relying on the nt install parition don't seem to be able... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwanm63
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me on unix partition

Can anyone help me on the following question. Thks alot. Suggest a partitioning scheme for a stand-alone unix server with two 40GB discs supporting 100 users. Each partition should be identified with the following information: 1. The partition name (either a mount point or swap).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluewind79
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows?

Can I run unix in the same partition with windows xp? Because I have one for now.. Thank you for answers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olddays
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resizing partition SCO unix

Everybody help me ....!!!! I've tried to resize my hardisk to the real size alway failed. my hardisk is 40MB samsung 5400rpm, but I've already installed on it my applications on 8GB partition there so much free available space but I can't use it. how to resize it to real 40GB.......?????????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guhzeman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX partition can't be recognized by Ubuntu

I'm trying to install Solaris 10 along with Ubuntu (dual-boot system) The problem is, GParted partition manager (Ubuntu) didn't recognize the FAT file system used to install the Solaris. It said that the block size is unknown file system.. What's the correct file system to install Solaris so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankoko
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX and HDFS - file systems on same partition.

I am learning Hadoop. As a part of that, Hdfs - Hadoop distributed file system has commands similar to unix where we can create,copy,move files from unix/linux file system to HDFS. My question is 1) how two file systems (unix and hdfs) can coexist on thr same partition.. 2)What if block used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra Eliset
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX and HDFS - file systems on same partition.

I am learning Hadoop. As a part of that, Hdfs - Hadoop distributed file system has commands similar to unix where we can create,copy,move files from unix/linux file system to HDFS. My question is 1) how two file systems (unix and hdfs) can coexist on thr same partition.. 2)What if block... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narendra Eliset
1 Replies
MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::Types::Path::Class - A Path::Class type library for Moose SYNOPSIS
package MyClass; use Moose; use MooseX::Types::Path::Class; with 'MooseX::Getopt'; # optional has 'dir' => ( is => 'ro', isa => 'Path::Class::Dir', required => 1, coerce => 1, ); has 'file' => ( is => 'ro', isa => 'Path::Class::File', required => 1, coerce => 1, ); # these attributes are coerced to the # appropriate Path::Class objects MyClass->new( dir => '/some/directory/', file => '/some/file' ); DESCRIPTION
MooseX::Types::Path::Class creates common Moose types, coercions and option specifications useful for dealing with Path::Class objects as Moose attributes. Coercions (see Moose::Util::TypeConstraints) are made from both 'Str' and 'ArrayRef' to both Path::Class::Dir and Path::Class::File objects. If you have MooseX::Getopt installed, the Getopt option type ("=s") will be added for both Path::Class::Dir and Path::Class::File. EXPORTS
None of these are exported by default. They are provided via MooseX::Types. Dir, File These exports can be used instead of the full class names. Example: package MyClass; use Moose; use MooseX::Types::Path::Class qw(Dir File); has 'dir' => ( is => 'ro', isa => Dir, required => 1, coerce => 1, ); has 'file' => ( is => 'ro', isa => File, required => 1, coerce => 1, ); Note that there are no quotes around Dir or File. is_Dir($value), is_File($value) Returns true or false based on whether $value is a valid Dir or File. to_Dir($value), to_File($value) Attempts to coerce $value to a Dir or File. Returns the coerced value or false if the coercion failed. DEPENDENCIES
Moose, MooseX::Types, Path::Class BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
If you find a bug please either email the author, or add the bug to cpan-RT <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
Todd Hepler "<thepler@employees.org>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2008, Todd Hepler "<thepler@employees.org>". This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2008-07-09 MooseX::Types::Path::Class(3pm)