Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: New Forum
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Forum Post 51914 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 5th of June 2004 08:56:41 AM
Old 06-05-2004
New Forum

well after a long time, this valuable resource that is UNIX.COM has an off topic forum. personally i think it is a step in the right direction. with a forum like this people can talk about anything they want and not worry about sticking to technical stuff. this keep the integrity of the board high, while technical threads go in their respective forums, and off topic things go here, it will keep useless stuff out of the technical forums.

as long as everyone here follows more or less the regular rules here with the exception of staying on topic, there should be no problems. ie no windows bashing, and id rather not see any threads asking which is better, linux or bsd, or bsd or windows, osx or linux etc etc. just cause people use whats right for them.

however political views i guess would be ok. such as comments on microsofts business practices, talking about it in a respectable manner should be fine.

thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The forum

Just quickly, would like one of the more senior users to describe what UNIX.COM is to the world. I'm doing a webpage with a link and need a good description. Better you provide it than me guessing. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi, New to this Forum

I'd like to download some items to get me started with Linix/Unix based system software in order to learn Sun servers and also to send email via unix in a Windows OS/cmd Thanks for your reply to removed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 45andlearning
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

This forum is best

For any unix/linux user/newbie.. this site is best.. it has evry thing for every one !! even if u login daily to this forum.... obesrb the posts and solutions .. u will learn better :) thankss to every one ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
2 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile: Advanced Forum Statistics to Forum Home Page

For mobile users, I have just added a "first beta" Advanced Forum Statistics to the home page on mobile using CSS overflow:auto; so you can swipe if you need to see more. Google Search Console mobile usability says this page is "mobile friendly" so perhaps this will be useful for some of our... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies
in.talkd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      in.talkd(1M)

NAME
in.talkd, talkd - server for talk program SYNOPSIS
in.talkd DESCRIPTION
talkd is a server used by the talk(1) program. It listens at the UDP port indicated in the ``talk'' service description; see services(4). The actual conversation takes place on a TCP connection that is established by negotiation between the two machines involved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), talk(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The protocol is architecture dependent. The in.talkd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/talk Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2004 in.talkd(1M)