Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NIS stops responding for few minutes and back to normal again Post 5155 by htsubamoto on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 07:38:18 AM
Old 08-08-2001
If you know how to analise Sniffer output, try using one in your NIS network interface card. Maybe you can see if you have too many bad requests, or NFS failures. If you use solaris box, there's a sniffer called snoop. It can be helpfull.

regards

HTT

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change hostname, NIS stops

All, I have changed my machine name from A202 to B205. All I modified was /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename, hostname.ce0, /etc/net/<stuff needed to change>. But for some reason now NIS does not work. This is not the NIS server. When I telnet in I get "No directory! Logging in with home=/" when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
4 Replies

2. AIX

FTP daemon stops responding

I have a strange problem with the FTP server on AIX 5.2. During the busiest time of the day, we get intermittent connection failures or timeouts connecting to the ftp server. The only thing clue that I can find is that daemon log shows the following message: ftpd: /bin/ls: Resource temporarily... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get my shell back to normal readline?

I just ran an application that crashed... but before it did, it managed to set readline echo off, and probably a bunch of other settings. Is there any way I can just tell my shell to re-initialize? To get back to whatever state existed before my shell got messed up by this evil program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies
YPSET(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  YPSET(8)

NAME
ypset -- tell ypbind(8) which NIS server process to use SYNOPSIS
ypset [-h host] [-d domain] server DESCRIPTION
ypset tells the ypbind(8) process on the current machine which NIS server process to communicate with. If server is down or is not running a NIS server process, it is not discovered until a NIS client process attempts to access a NIS map, at which time ypbind(8) tests the binding and takes appropriate action. ypset is most useful for binding a NIS client that is not on the same broadcast network as the closest NIS server, but can also be used for debugging a local network's NIS configuration, testing specific NIS client programs, or binding to a specific server when there are many servers on the local network supplying NIS maps. The options are as follows: -h host Set the NIS binding on host instead of the local machine. -d domain Use the NIS domain domain instead of the default domain as returned by domainname(1). SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypcat(1), ypmatch(1), ypwhich(1), nis(8), ypbind(8), yppoll(8) AUTHORS
Theo de Raadt BSD
February 26, 2005 BSD