Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: About ghost pid
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers About ghost pid Post 51349 by kolada on Tuesday 18th of May 2004 03:01:03 AM
Old 05-18-2004
Thanks once again for your replies, especially you killerserv Smilie That script is something like I was looking for.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS finds a ghost?

Hello, I have problems executing a script in ksh with this script named process.sh: ps -ef | grep process.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l | read a if then echo "The script is running" exit 0 fiThe problem is that when I execute the script, sometimes it shows the message "The script is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jguirao
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logoff ghost user

I just noticed by running a who command that I was logged in twice . So two admin2 are on the list. (solaris 2.6) Since I telnet using a windows 98, I suppose that I forgot to CTRL-D last time I logged in and clicked on hangup. In such a case, how can I loggoff the old ghost loggin ? It's not a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I ghost a Unix Box ? with another

I have a Solaris Ultra 10 Box, which contains all my software, I got a new Sun Ultra10 with the same configuration. Can I ghost the it ? Does Unix support any such application. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephen104
6 Replies

4. Programming

printing ppid,child pid,pid

question: for the below program i just printed the value for pid, child pid and parent pid why does it give me 6 values? i assume ppid is 28086 but can't figure out why there are 5 values printed instead of just two! can someone comment on that! #include<stdio.h> #define DIM 8 int... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
3 Replies

5. AIX

Ghost Users

I am having a problem that I cannot figure out. RS6000 server running AIX 5.2. Users connect via TCP/IP and login and work just fine. When the user logs out of the application, I can run the "who" command or "w" command and the O/S still reports the user as logged in. If I run "ps -tpts/xx"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session PID & socket connection pid

1. If I use an software application(which connects to the database in the server) in my local pc, how many PID should be registered? Would there be PID for the session and another PID for socket connection? 2. I noticed (through netstat) that when I logged in using the my software application,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pcx26
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ghost file, delete help

I'm trying to delete a folder in my trash that contains no files or hidden files and nothing happens. It is still there. However, when I try to delete everything in the folder in terminal I receive an error: Ti?ng Viê?t.html: No such file or directory. I can't find this file anywhere on my tiger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jopper
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to get pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable

Hi, I need to get the pid of a process and have to store the pid in a variable and i want to use this value(pid) of the variable for some process. Please can anyone tell me how to get the pid of a process and store it in a variable. please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Amudha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudha
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ghost 4 unix

Hello, I am looking for help on how to use ghost 4 unix. I know there is a site for ghost 4 unix, but if I understood that I wouldn't be here. Everything is already set up, there is a ftp server, iomega network hard drive, there are already images on this network harddrive. I know how to use the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slakk
0 Replies

10. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies
ncakmod(1)							   User Commands							ncakmod(1)

NAME
ncakmod - start or stop the NCA kernel module SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/ncakmod start | stop DESCRIPTION
ncakmod is used to start or stop the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") kernel module. When the start option is specified at the command-line, the NCA kernel module will be activated for all physical interfaces listed in the nca.if file. When the ncakmod command is invoked with the stop option, the NCA kernel module will print the following message: To stop NCA, please set the status configuration parameter to disable in ncakmod.conf and then reboot your system. See the ncakmod.conf(4) manual page for more information. Note that in order to properly stop NCA on your system, you must first edit the ncakmod.conf(4) file and set the status field to "disable," then reboot your system. OPTIONS
start Starts the NCA kernel module. stop Describes the current method for stopping the NCA feature. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting and Stopping the NCA Feature The following command is used to start the NCA feature: example% /etc/init.d/ncakmod start FILES
/etc/init.d/ncakmod The NCA kernel module startup script. /etc/nca/ncakmod.conf Specifies configuration options for the NCA kernel module. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncad_addr(4), nca.if(4), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Sep 2001 ncakmod(1)