Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Group permission not working
Operating Systems AIX Group permission not working Post 50842 by tommy on Tuesday 4th of May 2004 06:01:44 AM
Old 05-04-2004
Hi,

It seems that your problem is SAP related. You have probably added that "siddata" group for sidadm user without restarting SAP?

SAP is reading users group definitions only when it's started. Any changes made after that are not effective unless you restart your SAP application.

-- Tommy

Last edited by tommy; 05-04-2004 at 07:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to define permission of unix group

While logged on as root, I created a user 'usera' I also created a group called 'groupa' I need to modify the permission of the user i created to not have root privileges. I also need to change groupa to be in 'others' please help! thanks, nieves (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mncapara
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group permission

I have an executable that had permissions set to 700. I changed this to 770 and added a user to the group in an attempt to allow that userds to run the file. Obviously this didnt work or I wouldnt be here. Do I need to cause the group file to be re-read and if so how, or am I misunderstanding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inherit Group File Permission

In our file system, the SGID for a directory is set right now. Any new files created in this directory will automatically be assigned the same group from the parent directory. Is there a way to inherit the file permission from the parent directory as well? The OS is Solaris 2.8. Example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: april
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove Group write permission .

How would i write a command that can find all the objects under the etc directory that have group write permission enabled and have not been accessed in the last X days. This is what i got from internet souce but i m not able to modify it according to my distribution. find /etc -perm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't sudo Using Group Permission

All: I'm having a problem with sudo on Solaris 5.10 that is giving me fits (and BTW, I'm a Linux admin by trade...). The issue is that I have a number of users (myself included) that cannot sudo to root to complete user admin tasks. Assuming the user is jdoe, and the group with the elevated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris group ID permission drwxrwS--x

why is the group id in capital S and not lowercase s ? I have a directory with the following permissions: drwxrws--x when I remove the group id and add it again with g+s or chmod 2765 , it displays the group ID in capital "S" instead of lowercase "s" tried to find this out on Google, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX not following permission rules on group

Has anyone ever encountered this? It's one of those it was working Monday but not today issues. We have an account pcadmin in the group utl, its supposed to read the files in utl. No issues on Monday, but today pcadmin can't read anything owned by utl. Below you can see it still has the group... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
8 Replies
SAP(7)								   Miscellaneous							    SAP(7)

NAME
sap - Service Access Point specification DESCRIPTION
The text2sap and sap2text functions use the format described in this man page. Because all standard ATM tools on Linux use those functions to convert to or from the textual representation of SAP specifications, they expect them in the same format too. The SAP is divided into two parts: the broadband high layer information (BHLI) and the broadband low layer information (BLLI). A SAP can contain one, both, or none of them. In the latter case, the SAP is usually considered as a wildcard SAP, i.e. a SAP that is compatible with any other SAP. Each part begins with its name (bhli or blli), followed by a colon and a (non-empty) list of attributes, which are of the form attribute=value. Some attributes have sub-attributes, which follow them. Everything that isn't separated by a colon or an equal sign is separated by a comma. Values which are a number of bytes are specified as the corresponding sequence of pairs of hex digits. The sequence can be optionally pre- fixed with 0x. Values with are integers in a given range can be specified in decimal (no prefix), octal (0 prefix), and hexadecimal (0x prefix). The following, mutually exclusive attributes are allowed in the bhli part (see the corresponding ATM Forum and ITU documents for the seman- tics): iso=1-8 bytes ISO user=1-8 bytes User-specific hlp=4 bytes High layer profile. Note that this attribute only exists on UNI 3.0. text2sap only recognizes it if your system is configured to accept UNI 3.0 message formats. oui=3 bytes,id=4 bytes Vendor-specific application identifier The structure of the bhli part is more complex. It distinguishes three layers, l1, l2, and l3, of which the first one is presently unsup- ported. For layer two, the following (mutually exclusive) possibilities exist: l2=iso1745 Basic mode ISO 1745 l2=q291 ITU-T Q.291 (Rec. I.441) l2=lapb Extended LAPB, half-duplex (Rec. T.71) l2=iso8802 LAN LLC (ISO/IEC 8802/2) l2=x75 ITU-T X.75, SLP l2=x25_ll ... ITU-T X.25, link layer. This attribute and the following attributes through l2=iso7776 can optionally be followed by one or more of the following sub-attributes: mode=mode (mode of operation, either norm or ext), and window=window size (window size in k, 1-127). l2=x25_ml ... ITU-T X.25, multilink l2=hdlc_arm ... HDLC ARM (ISO/IEC 4335) l2=hdlc_nrm ... HDLC NRM (ISO/IEC 4335) l2=hdlc_abm ... HDLC ABM (ISO/IEC 4335) l2=q992 ... ITU-T Q.922 l2=iso7776 ... ISO 7776 DTE-DTE l2=user,info=information User-specified. information is an integer in the range 0 to 255. For layer three, the following (again, mutually exclusive) possibilities exist: l3=iso8473 ITU-T X.233 | ISO/IEC 8473 l3=t70 ITU-T T.70 minimum network layer l3=h321 ITU-T Recommendation H.321 l3=x25 ... ITU-T X.25, packet layer. This attribute and the following attributes through l3=x223 can optionally be followed by one or more of the following sub-attributes: mode=mode (see above), size=default packet size (4-12, corresponding to 16-4096), window=window size (see above). l3=iso8208 ... ISO/IEC 8208 l3=x223 ... ITU-T X.223 | ISO/IEC 8878 l3=tr9577,ipi=identifier ... ISO/IEC TR 9577. identifier is the initial protocol identifier in the range 0-255. For SNAP (0x80), the keyword snap can be used, and the following sub-attributes have to be specified: oui=3 bytes, and pid=2 bytes. l2=user,info=information User-specified, see above. l3=h310 ... ITU-T Recommendation H.310. The sub-attribute term=type (terminal type, rx, tx, or rxtx) is recognized. If present, it enables the two additional sub-attributes fw_mpx=capability (forward multiplexing capability, ts, ts_fec, ps, ps_fec, or h221) and bw_mpx=capa- bility. Both are optional. Note that commas must never follow colons or other commas. Also, whitespace is not allowed inside a SAP specification. SAP specifications are case-insensitive. On input, items must be written in exactly the order used in this document. EXAMPLES
blli:l2=iso8802 Classical IP over ATM (RFC1577) bhli:oui=0x0060D7,id=0x01000001,blli:l2=iso8802 Arequipa (RFC2170) blli:l3=tr9577,ipi=snap,oui=0x00A03E,pid=0x0002 LAN Emulation AUTHOR
Werner Almesberger, EPFL LRC <werner.almesberger@lrc.di.epfl.ch> Linux November 6, 1997 SAP(7)