Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: converting kb to mb
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers converting kb to mb Post 48110 by Optimus_P on Thursday 26th of February 2004 03:14:12 PM
Old 02-26-2004
chfs has an example you can referance in times like this. i offten ask myself this one too.

Code:
man chfs:

2. To increase the size of the /test Journaled File System, enter:
     chfs -a size=+8192 /test

This command increases the size of the /test Journaled File System by 8192
     512-byte blocks, or 4MB.

remember:
1mb=1kb*1024
1kb=2 (512 blocks)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting .txt

Hello, I transferred some .txt files from windows to Unix. When i used the editor in Unix to open up the file, all the <cr> show up. How to I get rid of all of them? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting to Uppercase

I want to convert string into uppercase string. How can i do that ? Ex: Enter the user name: read name show=upper(name) echo $show --- This output should be the uppercase output. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
3 Replies

3. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting \0 to a \n

Hi - I have seen some similar posts but I am a bit stumped here below is the first line of a 'od -c filename' command. I want to change the \0 to \n 0000000 l s \0 c d - \0 c d . . \0 l s I have tried a sed construct in a script......... sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Coins

Hi all, I have never written a script so I guess you could say I am very yellow.:) However, I could use some help.... I need to write a Korn Shell Script that converts coins. Meaning if I print or echo "Please enter amount:" and the user puts in 3.87, I need to know the least amount of coins... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tzeman
11 Replies

6. SCO

library converting

Hi everybody Is there any sco unix command to convert .so library to .a (under sco unix openserver.5.0.6) tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help converting ctlU (^U) to a \12...

I have a file that ends with a ctlU: > cat -v test.file blah,blah,blah,GEAEA*1*xx0000111xxx^UIEA*xxx0^U would like to replace the ctlU (^U) with a "\12"...due to printers or something. I believe I might be able to utilize the tr command, if I could only identify the correct... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Help converting my Script

So i have been asked to write a script for a friend who has a server running solaris 11. My problem is the correct syntax i can't seem to get it work with the follow code, i have read through the date man page and found no work around Below is the code for part of the rsync script. The code i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paperghost
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting empty value into NA

I have a set of values separated by a tab ch:12 1 3 4 ch:13 3 3 4 ch:25 1 8 ch:23 2 8 1 There is a missing value in the third column and i would like replace it with NA such that the final output would look like ch:12 1 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
DF(1)								   User Commands							     DF(1)

NAME
df - report file system disk space usage SYNOPSIS
df [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of df. df displays the amount of disk space available on the file system containing each file name argument. If no file name is given, the space available on all currently mounted file systems is shown. Disk space is shown in 1K blocks by default, unless the environment variable POSIXLY_CORRECT is set, in which case 512-byte blocks are used. If an argument is the absolute file name of a disk device node containing a mounted file system, df shows the space available on that file system rather than on the file system containing the device node (which is always the root file system). This version of df cannot show the space available on unmounted file systems, because on most kinds of systems doing so requires very nonportable intimate knowledge of file system structures. OPTIONS
Show information about the file system on which each FILE resides, or all file systems by default. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --all include dummy file systems -B, --block-size=SIZE use SIZE-byte blocks --total produce a grand total -h, --human-readable print sizes in human readable format (e.g., 1K 234M 2G) -H, --si likewise, but use powers of 1000 not 1024 -i, --inodes list inode information instead of block usage -k like --block-size=1K -l, --local limit listing to local file systems --no-sync do not invoke sync before getting usage info (default) -P, --portability use the POSIX output format --sync invoke sync before getting usage info -t, --type=TYPE limit listing to file systems of type TYPE -T, --print-type print file system type -x, --exclude-type=TYPE limit listing to file systems not of type TYPE -v (ignored) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Display values are in units of the first available SIZE from --block-size, and the DF_BLOCK_SIZE, BLOCK_SIZE and BLOCKSIZE environment variables. Otherwise, units default to 1024 bytes (or 512 if POSIXLY_CORRECT is set). SIZE may be (or may be an integer optionally followed by) one of following: KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P, E, Z, Y. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund, David MacKenzie, and Paul Eggert. REPORTING BUGS
Report df bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report df translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for df is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and df programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info coreutils 'df invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.5 February 2011 DF(1)