Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting files over 7 days old Post 47373 by franruiz on Monday 9th of February 2004 11:20:17 AM
Old 02-09-2004
Thank you that helped alot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting files created before two days ago

Dear All: I want to build a shell that delete files created two or more days ago ... I think it could be built using a special command with ls or grep, I'd apreciate any help from you guys I have a lot of log files from november, december, january and this tool will help me a lot The files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josecollantes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific files greater then 90 days

I have a directory that contains a number of history files for a process. Every file starts with the string "EVACK". FOr example EVACK0101.000001 EVACK0102.095940 EVACKmmdd.hhmiss I want to erase in the specific directory ONLY(no sub-directories) all EVACK files older then 90 days. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting certain files over 30 days old

Hi, I must confess i have a very basic knowledge of UNIX and its commands, but i was hoping someone would be able to help answer my query. Once a month as part of a team we have to perform housekeeping on our UNIX directories, we remove certain files older than 30 days and compress the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swellybro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting 30 days older

Hi, I need a script to delete files that are 30 days older and also the file name should contain aa or ab or ac as substring... Regards, Dolly.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I want to delete folder/files older than 7 days. Im using the command below. find /test/test1 -mtime +7 -print0 | xargs -0 rm -Rf /test/test1/* which works ok, but it deletes the test1 folder as well which i dont want. The test1 folder will have a list of sub-folders which in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shezam
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting specfic files older than N days

Hello, I am trying to delete specific files older than 7 days that start with FSTRnnnn (nnnn=sequnce number) from /home/users/userdir I.E cd home/users/userdir ll FSTR0001 Jul 8 14:20 FSTR0002 Jul 6 12:01 FSTR0003 May 25 09:45 FSTR0004 April 2 17:20 MSTR0034 Jul 6 12:45... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

9. AIX

Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

Hi In my aix server under the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract", I have a lot of log files. I need a script which is to be added in crontab so that the files and directories older than 14 days should get deleted automatically from the location "/usr/sap/SAPXI/extract". Please advise me.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically

we need to have periodic clean up implemented in our sap directory \\sapds\PR1\int\scm\snp\outbound\snapshot. which needs unix script for Deleting files older than 14 days automatically in sap system unix os. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvkreddy_b2w
1 Replies
UNIVERSAL::require(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   UNIVERSAL::require(3pm)

NAME
UNIVERSAL::require - require() modules from a variable SYNOPSIS
# This only needs to be said once in your program. require UNIVERSAL::require; # Same as "require Some::Module" my $module = 'Some::Module'; $module->require or die $@; # Same as "use Some::Module" BEGIN { $module->use or die $@ } DESCRIPTION
If you've ever had to do this... eval "require $module"; to get around the bareword caveats on require(), this module is for you. It creates a universal require() class method that will work with every Perl module and its secure. So instead of doing some arcane eval() work, you can do this: $module->require; It doesn't save you much typing, but it'll make alot more sense to someone who's not a ninth level Perl acolyte. Methods require my $return_val = $module->require or die $@; my $return_val = $module->require($version) or die $@; This works exactly like Perl's require, except without the bareword restriction, and it doesn't die. Since require() is placed in the UNIVERSAL namespace, it will work on any module. You just have to use UNIVERSAL::require somewhere in your code. Should the module require fail, or not be a high enough $version, it will simply return false and not die. The error will be in $@ as well as $UNIVERSAL::require::ERROR. $module->require or die $@; use my $require_return = $module->use or die $@; my $require_return = $module->use(@imports) or die $@; Like "UNIVERSAL::require", this allows you to "use" a $module without having to eval to work around the bareword requirement. It returns the same as require. Should either the require or the import fail it will return false. The error will be in $@. If possible, call this inside a BEGIN block to emulate a normal "use" as closely as possible. BEGIN { $module->use } SECURITY NOTES
UNIVERSAL::require makes use of "eval STRING". In previous versions of UNIVERSAL::require it was discovered that one could craft a class name which would result in code being executed. This hole has been closed. The only variables now exposed to "eval STRING" are the caller's package, filename and line which are not tainted. UNIVERSAL::require is taint clean. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001, 2005 by Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html AUTHOR
Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Module::Load, "require" in perlfunc, <http://dev.perl.org/rfc/253.pod> perl v5.10.0 2009-03-30 UNIVERSAL::require(3pm)