Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Creating a Mirror RAID With Existing Disk Post 47351 by oombera on Monday 9th of February 2004 12:32:32 AM
Old 02-09-2004
In short, yes. But I'm not personally familiar with it, since I've never done it. Remember you can always search these forums first: Smilie

https://www.unix.com/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/11548-plz-reply-whether-possible-not.html?s=
* has a link to The Linux Documentation Project

https://www.unix.com/unix-for-advanced-and-expert-users/8059-need-redundency-solution-solaris.html?s=
* provides a nifty link to google

https://www.unix.com/solaris/4285-raid-0-a.html?s=
* (explains how to do it in solaris - may have useful info)

Anyway, I'm sure someone else can help you much more, but maybe this can get you started...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX Disk Mirror

Being somewhat extremely new to Unix, I have just had a system crash One of my Volume Groups has crashed However, this Volume Group is actually mirrored How do I switch to use the mirrored copy? Any assistance greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is mirror and sub mirror in RAID -1 SVM

Hi , I am new to SVM .when i try to learn RAID 1 , first they are creating two RAID 0 strips through metainit d51 1 1 c0t0d0s2 metainit d52 1 1 c1t0d0s2 In the next step metainit d50 -m d51 d50: Mirror is setup next step is metaattach d50 d52 d50 : submirror d52 is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
7 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubunutu 8.04.4 RAID 1 mirror replace disk

Hi, I have an Ubuntu system which I have an faulted mirror. I trying to replace the disk, but I'm stuck on that it boots and only showing GRUB GRUB ## ## End Default Options ## title Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS, kernel 2.6.24-26-server root (hd0,0) kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jld
0 Replies

4. AIX

replacing mirror disk

Hi Admins, I am new into aix.I was surfing aix pages and reading how to replace failed mirror disks.I read in one of the posts that we have to reboot the server to replace the disk. actually i was a HPUX admin and many times replaced root mirror disk online.Ofcourse it was hot swappable. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
2 Replies

5. AIX

Creating Mirror

Good afternoon all, I'm sorry if this is a total n00b question but if you create a mirrored disk (rootvg (approx. 30 GB) - AIX 6.1 on a P520), will there be any impact to the production system as it's syncronizing? The boss thinks there will be too much impact to do this during working hours. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spellbound
4 Replies

6. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

8. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Need help in creating script for disk mirror and backup

Hi, I am very new to scripting. I need to create a script which does following. Scenario: First get the format command output echo | format Insert the new disk to Solaris Server Get Zpool status format the new disk ( Here I need to select the new disk which have been inserted, I do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI Logic & Dell MegaRAID SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
mfi* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The mfi driver provides support for the MegaRAID SAS family of RAID controllers, including: - Dell PERC 5/e, PERC 5/i, PERC 6/e, PERC 6/i - Intel RAID Controller SRCSAS18E, SRCSAS144E - LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8208ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8208XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8300XLP, MegaRAID SAS 8308ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8344ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8408E, MegaRAID SAS 8480E, MegaRAID SAS 8708ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8888ELP, MegaRAID SAS 8880EM2, MegaRAID SAS 9260-8i - IBM ServeRAID M1015, ServeRAID M5014 These controllers support RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50 and RAID 60 using either SAS or SATA II drives. Although the controllers are actual RAID controllers, the driver makes them look just like SCSI controllers. All RAID configuration is done through the controllers' BIOSes. mfi supports monitoring of the logical disks in the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. EVENTS
The mfi driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a logical drive in the controller is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. BSD
March 22, 2012 BSD