Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Database
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix Database Post 47325 by Briga on Saturday 7th of February 2004 11:18:25 AM
Old 02-07-2004
Unix Database

Hi Smilie
I'm a new unix user and i don't know much things about it.At the moment i've to make a work about unix databases.so i decided to come here and ask for help, if someone could tell me about a site or other mean where i can get some information about this i'll be pleased.

Tanks for any information that everyone can give me,

Monica

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

unix has it's own database

Well I am new to Unix, I small doubt to clarify with our colloquies here. Does Unix any of the versions contains its own database or it stores data on the file system. How to migrate data in Unix to Oracle Data base is there any tool or utility available on Unix that helps to do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IRFI_P
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix database server

hello , guys , im new to unix , just passed out my system admin certification from sun. i need to do few things at home , which are 1. ihave a unix box and windows box wired together using hub , i want to use internet from windows box . i have win98 ist edition , as well as win2000 server. kindly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: definate
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to a database via UNIX

hello - Is it possible to connect to a database at the command line to an Oracle instance whilst logged in on the unix box i.e. not using a script Cheers (Running Solaris) Also if anyone has any info on how a Citirix ICA client might be helpful here that would be appreciated Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penfold
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create database on unix

how can i create database on unix from command line (without using DBCA) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Querying database from unix

Hi, I have a shell script to query the database to get the statistics of tables like sum,max,min,etc of all numeric columns,max and min of date columns and length of varchar columns for each and every table. There are nearly 1600 tables. My script queries few tables like about 100 tables and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about database in Unix

I want to write a command file in Unix that can access database. what unix command can access database. Actually, I installed software in SCO Unix, there is a database. but I want to access database without run this software in unix. How can I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity using unix

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database through Unix serer using following command- mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase But it giving me error - mysql: unknown option '-J' Can anybody help me to solve this problm Thanks in advance Please use code tags, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to get the database details in UNIX?

Hi, Sorry i can't find what particular forum should i post my question. I was given a username and password for the database, but i was not given the hostname, SID and the port to were i can connect to with. Is there a way for me to get the following details in unix, by the way i am using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle Database connection from UNIX

Hi I have a question regarding Oracle connection using the below code ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$sid <<!EOF 1>> $v_log_dir/$v_job_log.out 2>> $v_log_dir/$v_job_log.err / prompt stored procedure beginning . . . exec xx_interface_pkg.pr_xx_clms_out($datayears,$keepmonths); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smilingraja
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Small database that can be bundled with UNIX

Hi All, I am working on a file transfer tool between unix servers. for this i am looking for a small database which is free and compatible with all unix OS and can be bundled in a package with other scripts. Any suggestions (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
8 Replies
Test::Database::Driver(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Test::Database::Driver(3pm)

NAME
Test::Database::Driver - Base class for Test::Database drivers SYNOPSIS
package Test::Database::Driver::MyDatabase; use strict; use warnings; use Test::Database::Driver; our @ISA = qw( Test::Database::Driver ); sub _version { my ($class) = @_; ...; return $version; } sub create_database { my ( $self ) = @_; ...; return $handle; } sub drop_database { my ( $self, $name ) = @_; ...; } sub databases { my ($self) = @_; ...; return @databases; } DESCRIPTION
"Test::Database::Driver" is a base class for creating "Test::Database" drivers. METHODS
The class provides the following methods: new( %args ) Create a new "Test::Database::Driver" object. If called as "Test::Database::Driver->new()", requires a "driver" parameter to define the actual object class. make_handle() Create a new "Test::Database::Handle" object, attached to an existing database or to a newly created one. The decision whether to create a new database or not is made by "Test::Database::Driver" based on the information in the mapper. See "TEMPORARY STORAGE ORGANIZATION" for details. make_dsn( %args ) Return a Data Source Name based on the driver's DSN, with the key/value pairs contained in %args as additional parameters. This is typically used by "dsn()" to make a DSN for a specific database, based on the driver's DSN. name() dbd() The driver's short name (everything after "Test::Database::Driver::"). base_dir() The directory where the driver should store all the files for its databases, if needed. Typically used by file-based database drivers. version() "version" object representing the version of the underlying database enginge. This object is build with the return value of "_version()". version_string() Version string representing the version of the underlying database enginge. This string is the actual return value of "_version()". dbd_version() The version of the DBD used to connect to the database engine, as returned by "VERSION()". driver_dsn() Return a driver Data Source Name, sufficient to connect to the database engine without specifying an actual database. username() Return the connection username. password() Return the connection password. connection_info() Return the connection information triplet ("driver_dsn", "username", "password"). version_matches( $request ) Return a boolean indicating if the driver's version matches the version constraints in the given request (see Test::Database documentation's section about requests). The class also provides a few helpful commands that may be useful for driver authors: available_dbname() Return an unused database name that can be used to create a new database for the driver. dsn( $dbname ) Build a Data Source Name for the database with the given $dbname, based on the driver's DSN. WRITING A DRIVER FOR YOUR DATABASE OF CHOICE
The SYNOPSIS contains a good template for writing a "Test::Database::Driver" class. Creating a driver requires writing the following methods: _version() Return the version of the underlying database engine. create_database( $name ) Create the database for the corresponding DBD driver. Return a "Test::Database::Handle" in case of success, and nothing in case of failure to create the database. drop_database( $name ) Drop the database named $name. Some methods have defaults implementations in "Test::Database::Driver", but those can be overridden in the derived class: is_filebased() Return a boolean value indicating if the database engine is file-based or not, i.e. if all the database information is stored in a file or a directory, and no external database server is needed. databases() Return the names of all existing databases for this driver as a list (the default implementation is only valid for file-based drivers). TEMPORARY STORAGE ORGANIZATION
Subclasses of "Test::Database::Driver" store useful information in the system's temporary directory, under a directory named Test-Database-$user ($user being the current user's name). That directory contains the following files: database files The database files and directories created by file-based drivers controlled by "Test::Database" are stored here, under names matching tdd_DRIVER_N, where DRIVER is the lowercased name of the driver and N is a number. the mapping.yml file A YAML file containing a "cwd()" / database name mapping, to enable a given test suite to receive the same database handles in all the test scripts that call the "Test::Database-"handles()> method. AUTHOR
Philippe Bruhat (BooK), "<book@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Philippe Bruhat (BooK), all rights reserved. LICENSE
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-11-27 Test::Database::Driver(3pm)