Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Runtime Error...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Runtime Error... Post 46950 by marpin on Thursday 29th of January 2004 05:20:10 PM
Old 01-29-2004
Question Runtime Error...

My system did stay appears the error Run Time Library Error. What itīs? When the error appear, iīve to reboot my system and lost all I did. Is there the UNIX System problem? Please. I need help!!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Function Name At Runtime

Hi, Suppose I have a User define function get_abc in which I am using $0 to get the name of function. But when I call that function in any script, $0 will give the script name, not the function name. For example: Function: get_abc ------------------- get_abc( ){ echo $0 } Script:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Runtime error...

My interprise use a UNIX mainform for a instrumentation process control. The control use the FOXBORO INVENSYS system and they donīt gonna solve the problem the run time error. The run time error happen without logic explication. When everything itīs run perfectely and happenly appears the run time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marpin
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get the path during runtime?

Hi guys, I have commands like /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk From these two commands, i need to get the directory path value before /VRTS/bin/vxdisk at runtime. e.g /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /solaris/opt /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /opt I have tried with cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

4. Programming

Runtime error in C++ Program - Help

All, I am getting this when i try to ran a program in HP unix. Things i came across 1. i have a system HP-UNIX where this same exe is working. 2. We have set a new HP_UNIX with the same configration and copied the exe to the new system we are getting this error. 3. Only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

5. Programming

Help... runtime error in my maxheap sort program

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int *a,size,heapsize; void maxheap(int *a,int j) { int l,r,largest,temp; l=2*j; r=(2*j)+1; for(j=0;j<size;++j) { if(l<=heapsize && a>a) largest=l; else largest=j; if(r<=heapsize... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
5 Replies

6. Programming

Runtime error in my code...

INFIX TO POSTFIX CONVERSION : //Convert an infix expression to postfix expression... #include<iostream> #include<cstring> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; char ifx,pfx,stk; int top=-1,n; void push(char ch) { if(top!=n-1) { top++; stk=ch; } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Java runtime environment (JRE) error

Hi all, I am trying to install a .bin file for that it requires IBMJava2-AMD64-142-JRE-1.4.2-13.8.x86_64.rpm to be installed. I have installed this rpm but when i try to install .bin file, it complains that no JRE found. How to solve this. Thanks in advance! #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
0 Replies

8. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
REBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot, halt, fastboot, fasthalt -- stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
halt [-lnpq] [-k kernel] reboot [-dlnpq] [-k kernel] fasthalt [-lnpq] [-k kernel] fastboot [-dlnpq] [-k kernel] DESCRIPTION
The halt and reboot utilities flush the file system cache to disk, send all running processes a SIGTERM (and subsequently a SIGKILL) and, respectively, halt or restart the system. The action is logged, including entering a shutdown record into the user accounting database. The options are as follows: -d The system is requested to create a crash dump. This option is supported only when rebooting, and it has no effect unless a dump device has previously been specified with dumpon(8). -k kernel Boot the specified kernel on the next system boot. If the kernel boots successfully, the default kernel will be booted on successive boots, this is a one-shot option. If the boot fails, the system will continue attempting to boot kernel until the boot process is interrupted and a valid kernel booted. This may change in the future. -l The halt or reboot is not logged to the system log. This option is intended for applications such as shutdown(8), that call reboot or halt and log this themselves. -n The file system cache is not flushed. This option should probably not be used. -p The system will turn off the power if it can. If the power down action fails, the system will halt or reboot normally, depending on whether halt or reboot was called. -q The system is halted or restarted quickly and ungracefully, and only the flushing of the file system cache is performed (if the -n option is not specified). This option should probably not be used. The fasthalt and fastboot utilities are nothing more than aliases for the halt and reboot utilities. Normally, the shutdown(8) utility is used when the system needs to be halted or restarted, giving users advance warning of their impending doom and cleanly terminating specific programs. SEE ALSO
getutxent(3), boot(8), dumpon(8), nextboot(8), savecore(8), shutdown(8), sync(8) HISTORY
A reboot utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
October 11, 2010 BSD