Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removing package.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users removing package. Post 44899 by jsilva on Friday 12th of December 2003 04:42:53 AM
Old 12-12-2003
Hi,

To remove a package, use pkg_delete... try to find the exact name of daemontools and do "pkg_delete daemontools-0.1" ( for example ).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing a package in unix

I have a package that i'm going to be adding...i wanted to make sure i knew how to remove it prior to instalation.. expect-5.40-sol8-sparc-local.gz pkgadd -d ./expectpkg/ would the command to remove this package be... pkgrm expect-5.40-sol8-sparc-local or is the package instance not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
5 Replies

2. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

3. Solaris

error in removing the package

hi all, i have installed gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local package on unix system. i tried removing this with the command pkgrm but getting the below error.. pkgrm gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local pkgrm: ERROR: no package associated with <gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local> can any one suggest me how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
2 Replies

4. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
fghack(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 fghack(8)

NAME
fghack - is an anti-backgrounding tool. SYNOPSIS
fghack child DESCRIPTION
fghack runs child with many extra descriptors writing to a pipe. fghack reads and discards any data written to the pipe. After child has exited and the pipe has been closed, fghack exits. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html fghack(8)