Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: append word to lines
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers append word to lines Post 44263 by oldtrash on Wednesday 3rd of December 2003 03:28:33 AM
Old 12-03-2003
sed -e 's/^/Honey /g' < input_file_name > output_file_name

Hope it works..

-..-

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word count of lines ending with certain word

Hi all, I am trying to write a command that can help me count the number of lines in the /etc/passwd file ending in bash. I have read through other threads but am yet to find one indicating how to locate a specifc word at the end of a line. I know i will need to use the wc command but when i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the text file with comma at the end of every word

Hi folks, Using shell, I am trying the append comma to every line of text. the requirement is like, I have to open the txt file in unix and read line by line and should add comma at the end of every word to make it single line txt file ------- abc@gmail.com bcd@gmail.com... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append something to a word using sed command

Hi, How to append something to already existing word. Suppose, I have the following line as a part of a file. VVV= jdbc:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dpu
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append following lines to 1st line, every 3 lines

I have output like this: USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 USER_ID 12/31/69 19:00:00 12/31/69 19:00:00 ... where USER_ID is a unique user login followed by their login timestamp and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To append last word of the line

Hi All, I need to append the last word of a line to the same line inside a file. For example:: Below are the contents inside an input file A/B/C D/E/F Output file should be:: A/B/C/C D/E/F/F (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append word count at end of file?

Hi guys, I have to append the word count of a file at the end of the file name like this - > "filename_2345" where 2345 is the word count of "filename". How do i achieve this using one command ? I am not allowed to store the word count in a variable and then concatenate. Request your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peter2312
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
GFTYPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GFTYPE(1)

NAME
gftype - translate a generic font file for humans to read SYNOPSIS
gftype [-i] [-m] gf_file_name [output_file_name] DESCRIPTION
This manual page is not meant to be exhaustive. The complete documentation for this version of TeX can be found in the info file or manual Web2C: A TeX implementation. The gftype program translates a gf (generic font) file output by, for example, mf(1), to a file that humans can read. It also serves as a gf file-validating program (i.e., if gftype can read it, it's correct) and as an example of a gf-reading program for other software that wants to read gf files. The gf_file_name on the command line must be complete. Because the resolution is part of the extension, it would not make sense to append a default extension as is done with TeX or DVI-reading software. If no output_file_name is specified, the output goes to stdout. OPTIONS
The output file includes bitmap images of the characters, if -i is given on the command line, and a symbolic listing of the gf commands, if -m is specified. ENVIRONMENT
gftype looks for gf_file_name using the environment variable GFFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the variable TEXFONTS. If that is not set, it uses the system default. SEE ALSO
dvitype(1), pktype(1). Donald E. Knuth et al., Metafontware. AUTHORS
David Fuchs and Don Knuth wrote the program. It was published as part of the Metafontware technical report, available from the TeX Users Group. Paul Richards originally ported it to Unix. Web2C 2012 14 December 1993 GFTYPE(1)