Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: suse 9.0 problem video
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers suse 9.0 problem video Post 44086 by norsk hedensk on Saturday 29th of November 2003 05:42:37 PM
Old 11-29-2003
Quote:
suse 9.0 pro safe mode no go !!!! still my screen goes balnk and nothing any other ideas mandrake 9.1 works good
but when i boot the screen goes blank but the drive chatters and so on then my nvidia drivers come up then the cde so its ok

but i want to install suse insted of mandrake

i am sorry but i really have no idea what your situation is. does it install at all? what exactly happens? you are not being descriptive enough in your posts.
also, if you bought your suse linux distro, you have paid for telephone support also. call them up and ask them for support. there might be a hardware problem or incompatability that they can help you with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just a video problem

Heya, pals! Would someone give me a clue of whatīs happening in here? I have a SiS 6326 video board installed under a FreeBSD 4.2 system, but i canīt figure out whatīs the matter with its configuration. I just canīt connect to Xserver... Setting the configuration with xf86config at the simplest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SuSE 8.1 NIC problem

i have just installed suse 8.1 on a third computer which has an Asus p4s8x with onboard NIC and sound. now, on install suse detected everything automatically with no probelm, however upon reboot the sound failed to load as well as the network card. /dev/eth* doesnt exist. i looked in the bios and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Laptop video problem....

I am running freeBSD on a Digital (company before compaq) laptop, and it is not displaying properly. there is about 2 inches on all sides of the screen that the display doest stretch to, its a little box in the center of the screen, anyone know how i can fix that problem?? any help would be much... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadProfessor
4 Replies

4. SuSE

Setup Problem with SUSE Linux

I setup SUSE Linux 10. I downloaded from SUSE website. A DVD version. But I have a problem: Please click to see the screen shots Shot 1: (Problem is here, with Software) http://www.vernoos.net/shot-1.jpg Shot 2: http://www.vernoos.net/shot-2.jpg Shot 3:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HASSELBLAD
1 Replies

5. SuSE

SuSE parted problem

Hello, So, I burned the 5 cds of SuSE 10.1, and would really like to begin installation. But when I get to the partitioning phase, I get an error message saying the first hard drive is unreadable by parted, and that I'll have to use Yast instead. It also tells me I wont be able to move delete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudrack
0 Replies

6. SuSE

GUI problem with Suse Linux

hi Guys,, Am very new to Linux OS.. This is my first experience with Linux. I have installed linux suse 10 in my laptop.it was working fine.. suddenly after 3 days,(i was changing some options of the already installed linux) when i login, i am getting only command interface and GUI is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

7. SuSE

problem of readdir on IA64 suse

Dear Experts, i am trying to find whether the given name is file or a directory dirp = opendir(dirname); direntp = readdir(dirp); if(direntp->d_type & DT_DIR) { printf("\n is a dirctory"); } else { //dir_or_file = Mtrue; printf("\n not a directory"); } it always... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
9 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID Problem on SUSE 11.0

I setup a RAID 5 with 5 drives, one failed, hardware failure so I physically removed it from the raid after powering the machine off then powered it back on and my raid was still good but no 5th drive. I built a 5th drive from scratch and added it in the raid thinking the raid would go into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Linux 11.4 networkmanager problem

I am a newbie to Suse linux and was trying to configure internet on my 11.4 suse linux system . I followed a post according to which i uninstalled my NetworkManger library . Later i realised that the real reason for wireless not working on my system was that my wireless driver firmware was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihatetoregister
0 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suse Linux enterprise 10 - booting problem

Hi, It was happened to close my laptop without proper shutdown due to power failure with USB device connected to it. (removed the USB after shut down) After this incident, I was not able to boot my suse linux OS. Initial study reveals that the device is not unmounted properly and shows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu V
2 Replies
IFCFG(5)						       Network configuration							  IFCFG(5)

NAME
ifcfg-wireless - wireless LAN network interface configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan-* /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-type-wlan GENERAL
Wireless networks need some additional configuration data compared to ethernet ones. Therefore additional variables for ifcfg files were introduced. All wireless LAN specific variables are described in the ifcfg template file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg.template. It is pos- sible to configure more than one wireless network accepted for association. To achieve this add suffix _1 to all wireless variables for the second network, _2 for the this, and so on. Example: WIRELESS_ESSID_1="second_net" You can have up to ten wireless networks configured. Some wireless variables are not applicable to a single wireless network but are global to the interface. The description of the variable points this out. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Christian Zoz <zoz@suse.de> -- ifup script Michal Svec <msvec@suse.cz> -- ifup script Bjoern Jacke -- ifup script Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@suse.de> -- ifup manual page Michal Ludvig <mludvig@suse.cz> -- tunnel support Joachim Gleissner <jg@suse.de> -- wireless support SEE ALSO
ifup(8). sysconfig December 2005 IFCFG(5)