Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Quick perl question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Quick perl question Post 43909 by sssow on Tuesday 25th of November 2003 12:23:22 AM
Old 11-25-2003
Another site
http://iis1.cps.unizar.es/Oreilly/perl/

Content seem to be the same though..But these are nice places to pull the docs from

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hello There! I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting syntax errors. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I've done this before but I don't see the difference. I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quick VI question

This "SHOULD" be a simple question, but looking through several books has turned up nothing, so I turn once again to the experts!! How do you vi a file so that you can see special characters. I believe my /etc/passwd file is being corrupted during an upgrade process, however the files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ok quick question

Hi i just wanted to know is there anyway to log the keystrokes on a remote computer? For example i let my nieces play on my other computer downstairs *my computer and the one downstairs are on a LAN* and i want to see everything they type in to make sure they arent doing anything they are supposed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hello all, Quick question from a fairly new to Unix developer. if then completedLogFile=$logfile.$(date +%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S) mv $logfile $completedLogFile fi I understand that this portion of code is simply copying a tmp logfile to a completed logfile when a condition is true. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyBoy
2 Replies

6. AIX

quick question

Hi, At best I'm a junior admin with a big problem. My developers have got my root password and mgmt insists they need it. I can't even change it when people knowing it leave. I'm certain they've hardcoded it into routines. I've searched my servers and grepped everything & can't find it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[B]Perl sort quick question[/B]

I've done a quick Google about this, but could not find the answer I want. Say, there is an array like this: @A = qw(cd1 a1 ef a2 hij a12 b2 b4 b22); I want to sort the array in the first order: @sorted = qw(a1 a12 a2 b2 b22 b4 cd1 ef hij); And second order: @sorted = qw(a1 a2 a12 b2 b4... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick question

I am using sed to find a pattern in a line and then I want to retain the pattern + the rest of the line. How is this possible? ie: line is: 14158 05-15-08 20:00 123-1234-A21/deliverable/dhm.a search for 123-1234-A21 ie: echo $line | sed 's/.*\(\{3\}-\{4\}-\{3\}\{5\}\).*/\1/' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phreezr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - another quick hash of hashes question

Hi, sorry, two hash related questions in one day .. but this has got me a bit stuck. I have a mysql database table that kind of looks like this, the table is called "view1" and a snippet of that table (SELECT'ing just rows with serial number 0629AN1200) is below serial nic_name ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching - Quick Perl Question

Hi everyone I have a quick perl matching question. I have the following file, and I want to use perl to search through the 2nd column and see if it finds any of the month names (e.g.: Jan, Feb, Mar, ... Dec). Here's the file I'm trying to search, and here's the code I have so far. Any help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucshi09a
5 Replies
tapset::string(3stap)													     tapset::string(3stap)

NAME
tapset::string - systemtap string tapset DESCRIPTION
strlen Returns the length of a string See function::strlen(3stap) for details. substr Returns a substring See function::substr(3stap) for details. stringat Returns the char at a given position in the string See function::stringat(3stap) for details. isinstr Returns whether a string is a substring of another string See function::isinstr(3stap) for details. text_str Escape any non-printable chars in a string See function::text_str(3stap) for details. text_strn Escape any non-printable chars in a string See function::text_strn(3stap) for details. - strtol Convert a string to a long See function::-strtol(3stap) for details. isdigit Checks for a digit See function::isdigit(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
function::strlen(3stap), function::substr(3stap), function::stringat(3stap), function::isinstr(3stap), function::text_str(3stap), function::text_strn(3stap), function::-(3stap), function::strtol(3stap), function::isdigit(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::string(3stap)