Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Perl DBI install with gcc compiler Post 43727 by Optimus_P on Friday 21st of November 2003 10:06:25 AM
Old 11-21-2003
E3500 and Ultra 10.

it has been a long while since i installed perl and DBI support useing gcc version: gcc version 3.1

i know i had some issues but it was resolved once i had the dependances needed ie: Bundle: DBI and Net:: Daemon.

as i recall you also have to have everything set up to connect to a DB when you test out the package.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL DBI module install

We ran into an issue trying to install DBI and DB2 modules for perl for AIX from the link http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/perl/ We tried to install the DBI module using bash# perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI' command. However we ended up with the following error. Stop. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

4. Programming

perl dbi to oracle getting disconnect_all for oracle dbi help

hi i am trying to connect to an oracle database using dbi and i get this :: Driver has not implemented the disconnect_all method. at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 575 END failed--call queue aborted. for all i know, the script was working earlier, but has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poggendroff
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

gcc compiler

where to download gcc compiler for ubuntu? how to install? how to build and run "c programs"? screen shots if possible.....:b::D tutorials too:cool: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: villanarun
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to install gcc compiler on AIX?

I want to install gcc compiler on aix box. $uname -a AIX GTMIT 3 5 000000000000 Can any one help me installing gcc compiler(step by step)either by smit or rpm commands ? What is boot straping ? Its urgent .. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gcc compiler

I am using open suse linux. I want to install gcc compiler in my machine. I ahve checked man gcc and man cc. But it's not there. Can someone help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql - Storage::DBI class implementing MySQL specifics SYNOPSIS
Storage::DBI autodetects the underlying MySQL database, and re-blesses the $storage object into this class. my $schema = MyDb::Schema->connect( $dsn, $user, $pass, { on_connect_call => 'set_strict_mode' } ); DESCRIPTION
This class implements MySQL specific bits of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI, like AutoIncrement column support and savepoints. Also it augments the SQL maker to support the MySQL-specific "STRAIGHT_JOIN" join type, which you can use by specifying "join_type => 'straight'" in the relationship attributes It also provides a one-stop on-connect macro "set_strict_mode" which sets session variables such that MySQL behaves more predictably as far as the SQL standard is concerned. STORAGE OPTIONS
set_strict_mode Enables session-wide strict options upon connecting. Equivalent to: ->connect ( ... , { on_connect_do => [ q|SET SQL_MODE = CONCAT('ANSI,TRADITIONAL,ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY,', @@sql_mode)|, q|SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL = 0|, ] }); AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::mysql(3pm)