Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Source
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Source Post 43564 by jsilva on Wednesday 19th of November 2003 06:05:52 AM
Old 11-19-2003
Hi,

I have the source because I have signed the agreement some time ago, but my upload link is too slow... and Sun doesn't allow me to distribute the source, as you may know... why don't you contact them and tell them that you lost the source ?
They already have your signed agreement, so I think there's no problem... Use the contact they recommend on the source program page http://www.sun.com/service/contacting/sales.html .

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

qt from source

i'm installing qt from source, and while making i get an error having to do with a "pthread library." what libraries do i need to install for qt to compile, and where can i get them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nydel
1 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Sun says Open Source Solaris is coming

Sun confirms plans to open source Solaris Jonathan Schwartz (Sun CEO): "I don't want to say when that will happen. But make no mistake, we will open source Solaris." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris open source database and graphing

All, I am looking for some open source database and graphing software to plot some MIB performance data on a Solaris server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source

I have a script in /etc/rc2.d that needs to run on boot up the file looks like this #!/sbin/sh source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh /abc/xyz/run I need to source the test_env.sh script they are both bash how do i do that? 'source /abc/scripts/test_env.sh' I am not too sure (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Where are the source files located in solaris (b 116)

Hi all, I would like to know the dir location where all the source files for various file systems are located(not the compiled ones)? I tried in /usr/src/uts , but thats as far as I can go. After this i have the i86pc but there are no .c files anywhere.... (Impossible) # find / -name *.c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - Compiling package from source? Different from pkgadd?

Hey everyone, I'm using a SPARC based Solaris 10 5/09 machine and want to install PHP support to it. I already have mysql and apache( came with OS, just started the proccess) installed, so this is the last thing before I can get to learning development :) However, there's something I'm not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agummad
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ftp: SSL_connect error while connecting from source to destination server Solaris 10

Hi Everyone, I am using solaris 10.I am facing a different problem here with tlsftp.I have intalled all steps for tlsftp and able to connect to the destination server from the source server.It worked for some days.But recently when i am connectin it is giving below error.I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Way to find source of a kill -9 in Solaris

Hello Guys, Someone or, some tool has killed the application process with signal 9 (kill -9) . How to track that in Solaris? On AIX we can use light-weight tool called ProbeVue to track it but not sure how to do it on Solaris. Appreciate your help. Kelly (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixusrsys
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)