Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming TZ variable set within thread Post 42959 by shldBcding on Friday 7th of November 2003 02:43:12 PM
Old 11-07-2003
Thx! I'll work on it a little more and check out another approach. If I come up w/anything cool I'll post it here.
-B

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export command giving Variable Name vs the Value set for the Variable

I'm having an issue when I export within my program. I'm getting the variable name, not the variable value. I have a configuration file (config.txt) that has the values of the variables set as so: set -a export ARCHIVEPOSourceDir="/interfaces/po/log /interfaces/po/data" export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ParNone
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable PATH

Hi, i know that this topic discussed for many times but although i had researched them i couldnt succeed in my problem. i am following a step-by-step instruction guide and must do the following: ------------- To ensure access, set the path PATH $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin:$PATH and set the Perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
2 Replies

3. Solaris

set enviroment variable..

Hello... I was wondering can anyone explain me how to set up enviroment variable to be permanent... I tryed with setenv but my solaris does not have this command... then I did: export ORACLE_SID=base1 export ORACLE_BASE=/home export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/oracle/8.1.6 and by... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable command

Hi all, I want to set a variable in ksh shell (prompt) and echo the value. $ set x=5 $echo $x But it is returning null. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set variable with another variable? c shell

okay, this shouldn't be difficult but I can't figure it out. How can I set a variable with another variable. I have the following: foreach pe ($dir $sp) set tpe = `echo $pe | grep M` if ($tpe == M) then set ${$pe} = M <--- This doesn't work else endif end In this case what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxornot
2 Replies

6. Programming

how to create variable for all thread in c++

hello I have this code #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> #include<cstring> using namespace std; int var1=0; void doSomething() { var1 = 5; cout<<"Do S :"<<var1<<endl; sleep(1); var1 =7; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the use of command set -- and set - variable?

Hi, I am using hp unix i want to know the use of the following commands set -- set - variable thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomathi
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know who and where a variable is set ?

hi, i'm not a root user and i want to know which user and in which file is loaded a variable seen in the "env" display ? I will use this variable but i want to be sure that it will be a permanent variable ! i don't see it in my files (.profile , kshrc...) and neither in /etc/profile. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

do you have a better way to set this variable?

greetings, i have a variable $input that i want to use to set $output. $input is /dir/filename.mph and $input is passed to my script that i manipulate it as follows: input=`basename $input`i want the $output to be filename_solved.mph, basically stuffing "_solved" in the filename. here's how i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies

10. Linux

Use read to set a variable.

Hi all, I used to set variable by read from keyboard read -p 'Input new value for variable :' var Now I want to pipe from ls and set to var a.txt b.txt c.txt ls | grep a.txt | read var why this cannot set the $var. What is the different between them....:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainsun
4 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)