Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching for {
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching for { Post 42678 by yotoruja on Sunday 2nd of November 2003 02:37:50 AM
Old 11-02-2003
searching for {

Hello,

I am having a hard time trying to do the following:

I have a file that looks like this:

0 CacheMaxConn 4 64
0 RMThread 16 3423423
7 DataSource 0 /hello/sas/ses
0 {94545B4-E343-1410-81E4-08000000} 3 DDBE
3 Source 9 dfskf

if the second part of the line in the text file starts with "{" I want to ignore it.

any help would be appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching searching

Guys Im checking some of my files for errors. I want to be able to find text and make sure it's located on the right place. Example Chapter 1 TEXT LKJ TEXT 12Y more and more text Chapter 2 TEXT 34G TEXT HHG more and more text Chapter 3 TEXT FG45 TEXT 11w more and more text ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Searching Files

Hi, I have a file /db01/dat/march 2006/7001DW06.03B Please note, between "march 2006" there is a space/tab. While running the following script, it identifies /db01/dat/march ----> as first file 2006/7001DW06.03B ---> as second file. SRC_PATH = /db01/dat SEARCH_FILENAME =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file

Hi At the moment I am able to add text to a file but what I need to do is make sure the same value is not duplicated. Can anyone tell me how to search a file and prevent an update from taking place if the value to be entered already exists in the file? Any help would be greatly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: straight_edge
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching in VI

Hi, I would like to do a search and replace on a file using vi. Something like this: :%s/dst_port=****//g I want to search the entire file and replace all text that does not match dst_port=**** with space or nothing. In other words delete everything except for dst_port=****. The four *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file searching...

Hi! i'm trying to do a script (i'm not an expert, as you will see...:o) to search files in a directory (and its subdirectories). I'd like to have something like this: mysearch -a arg1 -b arg2 -c arg3 ecc... I'd like to be able to search for files in different ways: for example, with my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaminski
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching

How would i search to find all the lines consisting of of only the letter "z" followed by any four characters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Searching for files

Hi, I have the following command to list files beginning with a specific name and containing some text... find . -type f -name "dm_merge_domain_adm*" -exec grep -il "Error Message:" '{}' \; -print|xargs ls -ltr It works fine, but seems to list two of each file, when they only exist once...any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrislluff1976
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching

I am making a script but having little problem. at one part I need to find one number format or other format from a file.. those formats are xxx-xx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxx i tried grep '( \{3\}-\{2\}-\{3\} |\{9\})' if i do them sepratly it work but like this it is not working Please check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching

Hi guys, I have a very common issue :( im trying to work it out but I am still not used to it. my problem is searching. very often I should look for piece of string in a text file or a file itself: I want to learn some easy and professional commands to ease this routine for me. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies
DataSource::Driver(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     DataSource::Driver(3)

NAME
DBIx::DataSource::Driver - Driver Writer's Guide and base class SYNOPSIS
perldoc DBIx::DataSource::Driver; or package DBIx::DataSource::FooBase; use DBIx::DataSource::Driver; @ISA = qw( DBIx::DataSource::Driver ); DESCRIPTION
To implement a driver for your database: 1) If you can create a database with an SQL command through DBI/DBD, simply provide a parse_dsn class method which returns a list consisting of the *actual* data source to use in DBI->connect and the SQL. package DBIx::DataSource::NewDatabase; use DBIx::DataSource::Driver; @ISA = qw( DBIx::DataSource::Driver ); sub parse_dsn { my( $class, $action, $dsn ) = @_; # $action is `create' or `drop' # for example, if you parse parse $dsn for $database, # $sql = "$action $database"; # you can die on errors - it'll be caught ( $new_dsn, $sql ); } 2) Otherwise, you'll need to write create_database and drop_database class methods. package DBIx::DataSource::NewDatabase; sub create_database { my( $class, $dsn, $user, $pass ) = @_; # for success, return true # for failure, die (it'll be caught) } sub drop_database { my( $class, $dsn, $user, $pass ) = @_; # for success, return true # for failure, die (it'll be caught) } AUTHOR
Ivan Kohler <ivan-dbix-datasource@420.am> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000 Ivan Kohler Copyright (c) 2000 Mail Abuse Prevention System LLC All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. BUGS
SEE ALSO
DBIx::DataSource, DBIx::DataSource::mysql, DBIx::DataSource::Pg, DBI perl v5.8.0 2000-09-25 DataSource::Driver(3)