Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix for internet cafe
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix for internet cafe Post 42430 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 29th of October 2003 10:28:12 AM
Old 10-29-2003
i havent played with any linux distros in ages but isnt it only free for non commercial use?

and yes they do make aim/irc/icq for unix/linux. they even make internet explorer for unix/linux.

i dont know about MSN tho.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unix Internet Connection

I am trying to set up my internet connection for my unix system and cannot seem to do it. I have a optimum on line service, and use a cable modem, with a usb. The 3 com ethernet card in my Gateway Labtop is recognized but when I hook up the usb and try and connect the usb is unrecognized. I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdelph
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix to Windows 2000 printing over the internet

I need help printing to the Windows 2000 Pro environement from a Unix box, that the Windows 2000 system dials into via a ISP. We are still waiting for our T1 line to be installed but will need to know if that process will change when that is installed. I know that you can print from Windows 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supportit
1 Replies

4. Programming

Is there a unix internet api?

In Windows you can use WinInet API to access the internet from your c code. Does unix got the same functions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadarb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

internet cafe software

Can anyone tell me of an available internet cafe software? what can I use to administrate an internet cafe with all machines running linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayoz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet Explorer for UNIX (Mainsoft specific)

Hi, I need some help with the Windows derived version of the IE port for UNIX on Solaris. The file is "ie5setup.sunos5" Here is the message Code: Unsupported Operating System Application needs to run on Solaris 2.5 or higher. Please visit www.microsoft.com/ie/unix for more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffandy
17 Replies

8. IP Networking

Access Unix server over the Internet

:(:confused: i am going to ask a silly question. is it possible to setup a unix server at home. once i have setup successfully, can i provide access to that server via internet. i do not have any commercial intent, behind this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX: internet witout GUI

Hello! Please, is it possible to come to internet (not e-mail, but ionternet!) without GUI? Many thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need free Linux / UNIX Terminal over Internet

I do not wish to install Unix or Linux locally be it on my system or my Virtual box. I am looking for an online free Linux / Unix Terminal that i can connect and use. Something like ... Unix Terminal Online But the problem with Unix Terminal Online] is that i CANNOT ping it's ip which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)