Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML display timing problem under ksh script Post 42002 by Nicol on Tuesday 21st of October 2003 04:04:07 AM
Old 10-21-2003
HTML display timing problem under ksh script

Using a HTML page , i'm running a Unix ksh script with <a href=..>.
The script contains loop like this :
for i in

do

rsh.....
done

each rsh command is running quite long and then i would display results in HTML format but about 5mn my blank page waiting for result is running in error with timing error.

If i decrease the number of rsh loops , it works.

The question is :
how can i do to avoid the timing problem , at the time i use the <a href=..> or in the shell script ????

Thanks in advance

Christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script and java problem

I have a problem with the execution of a ksh as deamon on linux. I explain you first the context. We have developped a Java program that execute every minutes an external (that we don't have developped) program with a config file in parameter. The Java program is runned as deamon with a perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrian.mihai
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh problem in script

Hi I made a small script which uses ksh. When i run the script then i get the following error However when i run each of the commands on the commandline they get executed and provide the desired output. i cant figure out why the script is not running. Kindly Help Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Invoke html in ksh Script

how to invoke html file from a ksh shell plz help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to display an browser from ksh script

hy, i have an html file file1.html i want to display a browser i.e html file1 from a ksh script ------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh ----------------------------------------------\\ so can u tell me how to display file1.html as a browser.wat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing out lynx request in a bash script

I have a Bash script where, in a loop, I access several urls. Sometimes, if an url is not available, lynx hangs, and the script does not continue. How can I time out the lynx request when it takes more than, 10 Seconds, but continue with the other jobs... For some reason lynx does not care... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display both html and plain text in email in shell script

Hi, I want to display both html and plain in email in my script. i tried the below code code: export MAILTO="ssi@a.com" export CONTENT1="$htmlfile" export CONTENT2="$plainfile" export SUBJECT="INFO " export MAILFROM="si@a.com" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh script to display output with specific contents

This is Input - starts with Storage Group Name and ends with Shareable and the loop continues all I need is Storage group name and Alu numbers in the below output format requested. Storage Group Name: abcd Storage Group UID: 00:00:000:00:0:0:0 HBA/SP Pairs: HBA UID ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddysa
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display problem when running a remote script

Hi, Quick question, someone will hopefully be able to stop me from :wall:. I currently have a script which calls a script on a remote machine and captures the stdout to a file: ssh <user>@<server> > output 2>/dev/null <<_EOF /path/script.ksh _EOF This runs the script but the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing a script

i have a very big script i have that i'd like to add a timeout to. this script runs on a several remote host. i update this script with timeout clause and then copy it over to all the hosts on which it is currently on. basically, i want the timeout to make the script abort/exit if it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timing the shell script

I have two shell scripts, one written with xargs for parallel processing (p1) and the other written in old school way (p3) . when I execute them, i get the below values. $ time ./p1 real 0m25.36s user 0m0.32s sys 0m0.80s $ time ./p3 real 0m23.25s user 0m6.20s sys ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luhah
4 Replies
RSH(1C) 																   RSH(1C)

NAME
rsh - remote shell SYNOPSIS
rsh host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command host [ -l username ] [ -n ] command DESCRIPTION
Rsh connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command. Rsh copies its standard input to the remote command, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error. Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command; rsh normally terminates when the remote command does. The remote username used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option. This remote name must be equivalent (in the sense of rlogin(1C)) to the originating account; no provision is made for specifying a password with a com- mand. If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you will be logged in on the remote host using rlogin(1C). Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted metacharacters are interpreted on the remote machine. Thus the command rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile appends remotefile to otherremotefile. Host names are given in the file /etc/hosts. Each host has one standard name (the first name given in the file), which is rather long and unambiguous, and optionally one or more nicknames. The host names for local machines are also commands in the directory /usr/hosts; if you put this directory in your search path then the rsh can be omitted. FILES
/etc/hosts /usr/hosts/* SEE ALSO
rlogin(1C) BUGS
If you are using csh(1) and put a rsh(1C) in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it will block even if no reads are posted by the remote command. If no input is desired you should redirect the input of rsh to /dev/null using the -n option. You cannot run an interactive command (like rogue(6) or vi(1)); use rlogin(1C). Stop signals stop the local rsh process only; this is arguably wrong, but currently hard to fix for reasons too complicated to explain here. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 RSH(1C)