Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: foreach syntax error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting foreach syntax error Post 41672 by r1500 on Friday 10th of October 2003 04:49:02 PM
Old 10-10-2003
foreach syntax error

I wrote a simplistic script which works fine in my HP Korn environment using for in do done but when I converted it for csh it is balking at my syntax specifically the parens for the argument. Any help would be appreciated

set -x
cut -f1 -d, bryan > sim
cut -f2 -d, bryan > imsi
set ki=`cut -f3 -d, bryan`
cut -f4 -d, bryan > cyph
cut -f5 -d, bryan > ans1
cut -f6 -d, bryan > ans2
cut -f7 -d, bryan > ans3
foreach i ($ki)
./des_cryp -k $i -d 1234567891234567 >>ekiout
end
paste -d, sim imsi ekiout cyph ans1 ans2 ans3 > final

error:

./scr: syntax error at line 9: `(' unexpected

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

2. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell - foreach - No Match error

Hi All, I am facing 'No Match' problem with foreach loop in C shell script. Initially I tried following grep command showing results properly as shown at the end of the Thread. But foreach command is throwing the error 'No match'. grep -n Inserted audit_file foreach insertstr (`grep -n... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop. Error : Too many words from ``

Hi expert, I have a large text file :- number.txt 1 2 3 4 5 6 .... And i using csh foreach loop to read the file line by line. foreach line(`cat number.txt) set number = $line <Calculation> end (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for / foreach syntax issues (in bash or tcsh)

So I am new to unix, and actually anything outside drag and drop with the mouse (been learning for about a week so far) . I have been using the foreach command in tcsh because I am working on a group of files. Basically what I need is to insert part of the filename as the first line in the file.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepolypore
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach statement error in cshell

Hi, while executing the following c-shell script i got the error "Couldn't find an 'end' to close a 'foreach' statement" can't find the mistake ...plz help.. script :: echo "enter build folder name in following sequence L-<REV>_<BUILD>" set BUILD = $< set file= `cat file1` foreach i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
2 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
xcutsel(1X)															       xcutsel(1X)

NAME
xcutsel - interchange between cut buffer and selection SYNOPSIS
xcutsel [-toolkitoption...] [-selection selection] [-cutbuffer number] OPTIONS
xcutsel accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options as well as the following: This option specifies the name of the selec- tion to use. The default is PRIMARY. The only supported abbreviations for this option are "-select", "-sel" and "-s", as the standard toolkit option "-selectionTimeout" has a similar name. This option specifies the cut buffer to use. The default is cut buffer 0. DESCRIPTION
The xcutsel program is used to copy the current selection into a cut buffer and to make a selection that contains the current contents of the cut buffer. It acts as a bridge between applications that do not support selections and those that do. By default, xcutsel will use the selection named PRIMARY and the cut buffer CUT_BUFFER0. Either or both of these can be overridden by com- mand line arguments or by resources. An xcutsel window has the following buttons: When this button is pressed, xcutsel exits. Any selections held by xcutsel are automatically released. When this button is pressed, xcutsel copies the current selection into the cut buffer. When this button is pressed, xcutsel converts the current contents of the cut buffer into the selection. The button labels reflect the selection and cutbuffer selected by command line options or through the resource database. When the "copy 0 to PRIMARY" button is activated, the button will remain inverted as long as xcutsel remains the owner of the selection. This serves to remind you which client owns the current selection. Note that the value of the selection remains constant; if the cutbuffer is changed, you must again activate the copy button to retrieve the new value when desired. X DEFAULTS
This program accepts all of the standard X Toolkit resource names and classes as well as: This resource specifies the name of the selection to use. The default is PRIMARY. This resource specifies the number of the cut buffer to use. The default is 0. WIDGET NAMES
The following instance names may be used when user configuration of the labels in them is desired: This is the "copy SELECTION to BUFFER" button. This is the "copy BUFFER to SELECTION" button. This is the "quit" button. BUGS
There is no way to change the name of the selection or the number of the cut buffer while the program is running. SEE ALSO
X(1X), xclipboard(1X), xterm(1X), text widget documentation, individual client documentation for how to make a selection. AUTHOR
Ralph R. Swick, DEC/MIT Project Athena xcutsel(1X)