Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting for loop using the value '01' in PERL Post 41254 by oombera on Wednesday 1st of October 2003 10:19:34 AM
Old 10-01-2003
Wow this thread is old .. I hope dangral hasn't been sitting there for 8 months trying to figure this out! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

8. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
PERL-REVERSION(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					PERL-REVERSION(1p)

NAME
perl-reversion - Manipulate project version numbers SYNOPSIS
perl-reversion [options] [file ...] Options: -help see this summary -man view man page for perl-reversion -bump make the smallest possible increment -bump-revision increment the specified version component -bump-version -bump-subversion -bump-alpha -set <version> set the project version number -current <version> specify the current version -normal print current version in a specific format OR -numify force versions to be a specific format, -stringify with -set or -bump -dryrun just go through the motions, but don't actually save files DESCRIPTION
A typical distribution of a Perl module has embedded version numbers is a number of places. Typically the version will be mentioned in the README file and in each module's source. For a module the version may appear twice: once in the code and once in the pod. This script makes it possible to update all of these version numbers with a simple command. To update the version numbers of specific files name them on the command line. Any directories will be recursively expanded. If used with no filename arguments perl-reversion will attempt to update README and any files below lib/ in the current project. OPTIONS
"-bump" Attempt to make the smallest possible increment to the version. The least significant part of the version string is incremented. 1 => 2 1.1 => 1.2 1.1.1 => 1.1.2 1.1.1_1 => 1.1.1_2 "-bump-revision" "-bump-version" "-bump-subversion" "-bump-alpha" Increment the specified version component. Like the "inc_*" methods of Perl::Version, incrementing a component sets all components to the right of it to zero. "-set <version>" Set the version to the specified value. Unless the "-normal" option is also specified the format of each individual version string will be preserved. "-current <version>" Specify the current version. Only matching version strings will be updated. "-normal" "-numify" "-stringify" Use a specific formatting, as in "Formatting" in Perl::Version. Alone, these options control how the current (found) version is displayed. With "-bump" or "-set", also update version strings to have the given formatting, regardless of the version format passed to "-set" or the current version (for "-bump"). If none of these options are specified, perl-reversion will preserve the formatting of each individual version string (the same as "-stringify"). "-dryrun" If set, perl-reversion will not save files. Use this to see what gets changed before it actually happens. AUTHOR
Andy Armstrong "<andy@hexten.net>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Andy Armstrong "<andy@hexten.net>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2009-05-29 PERL-REVERSION(1p)