Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C compiling
Top Forums Programming C compiling Post 4088 by vin_vinu on Wednesday 18th of July 2001 09:36:49 AM
Old 07-18-2001
Yes, its include <stdio.h>
for all the standard C libraries !!

<> makes the compiler to look in the include directory for the header file. "" searches the current directory !!

Last edited by vin_vinu; 07-18-2001 at 10:38 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

4. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

compiling the RRDtool

I tried to compile the RRDtool on HP-UX (IA56). I have gcc-3.4.3 and perl 5.8.0 I got this: Writing Makefile for RRDs cd perl-shared && make /opt/perl/bin/perl /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap RRDs.xs > RRDs.xsc && mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling programs

Hi guys i have posted a thread months ago and a guy called dukenuke or smething like that told me that i have to install Sun Studio if i want to be able to compile programs. I have installed Sun Studio 12 and put it in my PATH but no success compiling anything. when i download some source (tar.gz)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saveka
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

10. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies
PCC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PCC(1)

NAME
pcc - APE C compiler driver SYNOPSIS
pcc [ option ... ] [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
Pcc compiles and loads C programs, using APE (ANSI C/POSIX) include files and libraries. Named files ending with .c are preprocessed with cpp(1), then compiled with one of the compilers described in 2c(1), as specified by the environment variable $objtype. The object files are then loaded using one of the loaders described in 2l(1). The options are: -o out Place loader output in file out instead of the default 2.out, v.out, etc. -P Omit the compilation and loading phases; leave the result of preprocessing name.c in name.i. -c Omit the loading phase. -p Insert profiling code into the executable output. -w Print compiler warning messages. -B Don't complain about functions used without ANSI function prototypes. -v Echo the preprocessing, compiling, and loading commands before they are executed. -Dname=def -Dname Define the name to the preprocessor, as if by If no definition is given, the name is defined as -Uname Undefine the name to the preprocessor, as if by -Idir files whose names do not begin with are always sought first in the directory of the file argument, then in directories named in -I options, then in /$objtype/include/ape. -N Don't optimize compiled code. -S Print an assembly language version of the object code on standard output. -a Instead of compiling, print on standard output acid functions (see acid(1)) for examining structures declared in the source files. -aa Like -a except that functions for structures declared in included header files are omitted. The APE environment contains all of the include files and library routines specified in the ANSI C standard (X3.159-1989), as well as those specified in the IEEE Portable Operating System Interface standard (POSIX, 1003.1-1990, ISO 9945-1). In order to access the POSIX rou- tines, source programs should define the preprocessor constant _POSIX_SOURCE. FILES
/sys/include/ape directory for machine-independent #include files. /$objtype/include/ape directory for machine-dependent #include files. /$objtype/lib/ape/libap.a ANSI C/POSIX library. SEE ALSO
cpp(1), 2c(1), 2a(1), 2l(1), mk(1), nm(1), acid(1), db(1), prof(1) Howard Trickey, ``APE -- The ANSI/POSIX Environment'' SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/pcc.c BUGS
The locale manipulation functions are minimal. Signal functions and terminal characteristic handlers are only minimally implemented. Link always fails, because Plan 9 doesn't support multiple links to a file. The functions related to setting effective user and group ids can- not be implemented because the concept doesn't exist in Plan 9. PCC(1)