Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor wont come on...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor wont come on... Post 40578 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 18th of September 2003 10:23:16 AM
Old 09-18-2003
Actually, I bought a new(old) video card for $20... from a local Dell refurbisher in Carrolton(Dallas suburb).

I had a 16MB Diamond Viper Nvidia card....I bought a 32 DiamondViper card... The cards are virtually identical. Unless I got a second bad card,

That didnt fix the problem, sooooo it must be the monitor.

I know you are going to say "why didnt you buy a new GF4!" hehe. Well I have a 4+ year old PC, Most of the new cards wont work or would be major overkill and much of their resources would be wasted...

The latest card I could buy would something in the GF3 range... anyways, i dont have the budget for $100 card...Of course I dont have the budget to buy another monitor... will have to get a refurbished one there too.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xwindows wont start

I have one machince where X crashes with some weird error on boot... Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile "/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old" This is running redhat enterprise ES 3, I cant figure out how to get past this error. I have tried deleting the logfiles and recreating them, however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file wont execute

sh filename and it gives me an error saying the file doesnt exist but it definately does. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ypbind wont bind?

Well one problem down and another just pops up. I run ypbind and I see Starting NIS service: Binding NIS service: Shutting down NIS service: To my knowledge everything is configured properly. I ran tcpdump on the machine running ypserv to see... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
GOMOKU(6)							 BSD Games Manual							 GOMOKU(6)

NAME
gomoku -- game of 5 in a row SYNOPSIS
gomoku [-bcdu] [-D debugfile] [inputfile] DESCRIPTION
gomoku is a two player game where the object is to get 5 in a row horizontally, vertically or diagonally on a 19 by 19 grid. By convention, black always moves first. With no arguments, gomoku will display a playing board and prompt for moves from the user. Valid moves are a let- ter for the column and a number for the row of an empty board location. Entering ``quit" or ``resign" will end the game. You can save the current state of the game by entering ``save" and supplying a file name when prompted. The optional file inputfile can be used to restore a saved game. The options are: -b This option sets background mode. Input moves are read from standard input, the computer picks a move, and prints it to standard output. The first input line should be either ``black" or ``white" to specify whether gomoku has the first move or not respectively. This option was intended for game tournaments where a referee program handles the board display and pits one program against another. -c Computer versus computer. gomoku will play a game against itself. This is mostly used for testing. -d Print debugging information. Repeating this option more than once yields more detailed information. -D debugfile Print the debug information to debugfile instead of to the standard output. -u User versus user. This is mostly used for testing. AUTHOR
Ralph Campbell ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The board display routines were based on the goref program written by Peter Langston. BSD
August 4, 1994 BSD