Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitor wont come on...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitor wont come on... Post 40532 by butterfm on Wednesday 17th of September 2003 12:40:55 PM
Old 09-17-2003
It could be either - which is not very helpful.

The easiest way to check would be to try another monitor. If it continues it's the video card. If not it's the monitor.

Also does it only happen when playing a game or does it go off anytime. Does the machine re-boot/shutdown or do you just get a blank screen. If it's caused by running some graphics intensive game it is more likely to be the video card.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

file wont remove

check this out ls -l nmo* -rwsr-s--- 1 root dba 19312 Mar 31 14:44 nmo -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 0 May 19 2004 nmo0 -rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 16512 Mar 31 14:44 nmocat # rm nmo0 nmo0: No such file or directory # id uid=0(root) gid=1(other) what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

Netscape Wont work...

Cant Get Netscape to work... I get this messsage: Perhaps there is a problem with your name server? if your site must use a non-root name server, you will need to set the $SOCKS_NS environment variable to point at the appropreate name server. It may (or may not) be necessary to set this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric_Bakken
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xwindows wont start

I have one machince where X crashes with some weird error on boot... Fatal server error: Cannot move old logfile "/var/log/XFree86.0.log.old" This is running redhat enterprise ES 3, I cant figure out how to get past this error. I have tried deleting the logfiles and recreating them, however... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file wont execute

sh filename and it gives me an error saying the file doesnt exist but it definately does. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iago
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ypbind wont bind?

Well one problem down and another just pops up. I run ypbind and I see Starting NIS service: Binding NIS service: Shutting down NIS service: To my knowledge everything is configured properly. I ran tcpdump on the machine running ypserv to see... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colton
9 Replies

7. Hardware

Fedora 16 dual monitor - dual head - automatic monitor shutdown

Hi, I am experiencing troubles with dual monitors in fedora 16. During boot time both monitors are working, but when system starts one monitor automatically shut down. It happend out of the blue. Some time before when I updated system this happend but then I booted older kernel release and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers

Sorry if this is the wrong forum Searching for Saas Monitor service which monitor my servers which are sitting in different providers . This monitor tool will take as less CPU as possible , and will send info about the server to main Dashboard. The info I need is CPU / RAM / my servers status (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
CRIBBAGE(6)							 BSD Games Manual						       CRIBBAGE(6)

NAME
cribbage -- the card game cribbage SYNOPSIS
cribbage [-eqr] DESCRIPTION
cribbage plays the card game cribbage, with the program playing one hand and the user the other. The program will initially ask the user if the rules of the game are needed - if so, it will print out the appropriate section from According to Hoyle with more(1). cribbage options include: -e When the player makes a mistake scoring his hand or crib, provide an explanation of the correct score. (This is especially useful for beginning players.) -q Print a shorter form of all messages - this is only recommended for users who have played the game without specifying this option. -r Instead of asking the player to cut the deck, the program will randomly cut the deck. cribbage first asks the player whether he wishes to play a short game ( ``once around'', to 61) or a long game ( ``twice around'', to 121). A response of 's' will result in a short game, any other response will play a long game. At the start of the first game, the program asks the player to cut the deck to determine who gets the first crib. The user should respond with a number between 0 and 51, indicating how many cards down the deck is to be cut. The player who cuts the lower ranked card gets the first crib. If more than one game is played, the loser of the previous game gets the first crib in the current game. For each hand, the program first prints the player's hand, whose crib it is, and then asks the player to discard two cards into the crib. The cards are prompted for one per line, and are typed as explained below. After discarding, the program cuts the deck (if it is the player's crib) or asks the player to cut the deck (if it's its crib); in the latter case, the appropriate response is a number from 0 to 39 indicating how far down the remaining 40 cards are to be cut. After cutting the deck, play starts with the non-dealer (the person who doesn't have the crib) leading the first card. Play continues, as per cribbage, until all cards are exhausted. The program keeps track of the scoring of all points and the total of the cards on the table. After play, the hands are scored. The program requests the player to score his hand (and the crib, if it is his) by printing out the appro- priate cards (and the cut card enclosed in brackets). Play continues until one player reaches the game limit (61 or 121). A carriage return when a numeric input is expected is equivalent to typing the lowest legal value; when cutting the deck this is equivalent to choosing the top card. Cards are specified as rank followed by suit. The ranks may be specified as one of: 'a', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', 't', 'j', 'q', and 'k', or alternatively, one of: 'ace', 'two', 'three', 'four', 'five', 'six', 'seven', 'eight', 'nine', 'ten', 'jack', 'queen', and 'king'. Suits may be specified as: 's', 'h', 'd', and 'c', or alternatively as: 'spades', 'hearts', 'diamonds', and 'clubs'. A card may be specified as: ``<rank> <suit>'', or: ``<rank> of <suit>''. If the single letter rank and suit designations are used, the space separating the suit and rank may be left out. Also, if only one card of the desired rank is playable, typing the rank is sufficient. For example, if your hand was ``2H, 4D, 5C, 6H, JC, and KD'' and it was desired to discard the king of diamonds, any of the following could be typed: 'k', 'king', 'kd', 'k d', 'k of d', 'king d', 'king of d', 'k diamonds', 'k of diamonds', 'king diamonds', 'king of diamonds'. FILES
/usr/games/cribbage /var/games/criblog /usr/share/games/cribbage.instr AUTHORS
Earl T. Cohen wrote the logic. Ken Arnold added the screen oriented interface. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD