Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to change ip ?
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to change ip ? Post 40399 by art_malabanan on Sunday 14th of September 2003 11:16:16 PM
Old 09-15-2003
thx rtm ill try this one Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Want to change my Name

Hello, Pls change my login name to Awadhesh instead of awadhesh if possible. it will be more better if it become Awadhesh Pandey. Thanks a lot. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Change IP

hello How can i change the ip address on my solaris sun 9 server ? thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change wc -l

Hi, I would like realize a script that it can change " wc -l" with "wc -l | sed 's/ //g'", but my problem is that i can have a pipe ,a variable ( many variable different) or a file after wc -l ?how i could test this several case ? wc -l | cut -d' ' -f1` if wc -l ${F} | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: francis_tom
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
GETNETPATH(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     GETNETPATH(3)

NAME
getnetpath, setnetpath, endnetpath -- get /etc/netconfig entry corresponding to NETPATH component LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <netconfig.h> struct netconfig * getnetpath(void *handlep); void * setnetpath(void); int endnetpath(void *handlep); DESCRIPTION
The routines described in this page provide the application access to the system network configuration database, /etc/netconfig, as it is ``filtered'' by the NETPATH environment variable (see environ(7)). See getnetconfig(3) for other routines that also access the network con- figuration database directly. The NETPATH variable is a list of colon-separated network identifiers. getnetpath() returns a pointer to the netconfig database entry corresponding to the first valid NETPATH component. The netconfig entry is formatted as a struct netconfig. On each subsequent call, getnetpath() returns a pointer to the netconfig entry that corresponds to the next valid NETPATH component. getnetpath() can thus be used to search the netconfig database for all networks included in the NETPATH variable. When NETPATH has been exhausted, getnetpath() returns NULL. A call to setnetpath() ``binds'' to or ``rewinds'' NETPATH. setnetpath() must be called before the first call to getnetpath() and may be called at any other time. It returns a handle that is used by getnetpath(). getnetpath() silently ignores invalid NETPATH components. A NETPATH component is invalid if there is no corresponding entry in the netconfig database. If the NETPATH variable is unset, getnetpath() behaves as if NETPATH were set to the sequence of ``default'' or ``visible'' networks in the netconfig database, in the order in which they are listed. endnetpath() may be called to ``unbind'' from NETPATH when processing is complete, releasing resources for reuse. Programmers should be aware, however, that endnetpath() frees all memory allocated by getnetpath() for the struct netconfig data structure. RETURN VALUES
setnetpath() returns a handle that is used by getnetpath(). In case of an error, setnetpath() returns NULL. endnetpath() returns 0 on success and -1 on failure (for example, if setnetpath() was not called previously). nc_perror() or nc_sperror() can be used to print out the reason for failure. See getnetconfig(3). When first called, getnetpath() returns a pointer to the netconfig database entry corresponding to the first valid NETPATH component. When NETPATH has been exhausted, getnetpath() returns NULL. SEE ALSO
getnetconfig(3), netconfig(5), environ(7) BSD
April 22, 2000 BSD