Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: errpt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers errpt Post 40144 by TioTony on Wednesday 10th of September 2003 01:02:41 AM
Old 09-10-2003
This is AIX to answer Toiday.

"errpt -a |more" may give you more specific information about what has happened.

We get the "DISK OPERATION ERROR" on several of our servers fairly often. IBM has told us to ignore these unless you have several of them in your errpt in a 24 hour period.

The "SCSI ADAPTER ERROR" seems more serious. I have not seen that on any of our systems that I recall. I suggest you look at the errpt -a output and call IBM support.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt on aix entry.

hi, i have an entry in errpt on aix... any help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: AMQFFST3 IDENTIFIER: 8FED25B9 Date/Time: Fri Nov 15 07:20:05 Sequence Number: 2715 Machine Id: 000694DF4C00 Node Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. AIX

errpt grep

Hi All, I have multiple error on my AIX 53. How do I trim the report per date only? Please help. Thanks, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

errpt script

I am looking for a script out there that can email me when my AIX server throws and error that is picked up by errpt -a Thanks SeaCros (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format output of errpt

When i use the errpt command, i just want to see the timestamp and description only. How do i filter this out. errpt |awk '{print $2,$6}' The above commnad works but the description field becomes truncated. The result for the above command as below TIMESTAMP DESCRIPTION 0524143109... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ienaris
7 Replies

5. AIX

errpt message

Hello I have this message from errpt command IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION BFE4C025 0803155809 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0802155509 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 0801155209 P H sysplanar0 UNDETERMINED ERROR BFE4C025 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

errpt in AIX

The below is my code in general according to AIX books To display a detailed report of all errors logged in the past 24 hours, enter: errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy where the mmddhhmmyy string equals the current month, day, hour, minute, and year, minus 24 hours. I have tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
2 Replies

7. AIX

errpt - TTYHOG error

I am getting this temporary error on my errpt: IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 0873CF9F 0623104510 T S pts/0 TTYHOG OVER-RUN LABEL: TTY_TTYHOG IDENTIFIER: 0873CF9F Date/Time: Tue Jun 22 02:00:53 GMT+08:00 2010 Sequence Number: 76... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
3 Replies

8. AIX

errpt not giving a result

my system get rebooted by its self after its came up i try to check the error log P690/>errpt | more Cannot open error message catalog /usr/lib/nls/msg/en_US/codepoint.cat. The error report will still run, but it will not have explanatory messages P690/>ls -lrt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

9. AIX

I am getting the following error when I do an errpt. What do I need to do to fix it.

Hi Team, I am getting the following error when I do an errpt. What do I need to do to fix it. LABEL: LVM_SA_STALEPP IDENTIFIER: EAA3D429 Date/Time: Sat 12 Jan 01:10:56 2013 Sequence Number: 880 Machine Id: 00C57B904C00 Node Id: spg-lplaw-01... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies
ERROR(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  ERROR(8)

NAME
error - Postfix error mailer SYNOPSIS
error [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The Postfix error mailer processes message delivery requests from the queue manager. Each request specifies a queue file, a sender address, a domain or host name that is treated as the reason for non-delivery, and recipient information. This program expects to be run from the master(8) process manager. The error mailer client forces all recipients to bounce, using the domain or host information as the reason for non-delivery, updates the queue file and marks recipients as finished, or it informs the queue manager that delivery should be tried again at a later time. Delivery problem reports are sent to the bounce(8) or defer(8) daemon as appropriate. SECURITY
The error mailer is not security-sensitive. It does not talk to the network, and can be run chrooted at fixed low privilege. STANDARDS
None. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). Depending on the setting of the notify_classes parameter, the postmaster is notified of bounces and of other trouble. BUGS
CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. See the Postfix main.cf file for syntax details and for default values. Use the postfix reload command after a configuration change. Miscellaneous bounce_notice_recipient Postmaster for bounce error notices. notify_classes When this parameter includes the bounce class, send mail to the postmaster with with the headers of the bounced mail. SEE ALSO
bounce(8) non-delivery status reports master(8) process manager qmgr(8) queue manager syslogd(8) system logging LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA ERROR(8)