Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disksuite questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disksuite questions Post 39832 by finster on Monday 1st of September 2003 02:01:40 PM
Old 09-01-2003
Don't have the option to use veritas...........Thanks.

Should I repartition the 6 drives (say slice 0 = 128mb for database replica), slice 5 - 17 gig, slice 6 17 gig, for all 6 drives? (having 1 database replica for each drive on slice 0). Is this the way the disk is prepared to be use by disksuite?

I need to have 2 100 gig partitions when I am done.

If anyone can help,...it would be appreciated....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DiskSuite: Breaking mirrors.

Ok, so I have a remote system (7 states away) that's using SDS to manage the two 18 gig disks. /, swap, /var, /home, and /opt. The mirroring procedure I created uses installboot to ensure there's a bootblk on both disks of an SDS mirror. The system has a problem booting (can't write to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
21 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 disksuite

We recently got a third party in to upgrade our solaris 8 sparc server to solaris 10. A few month later I now have a disk mirror problem that I would normally fix by going into the GUI screen "metatool" It appears that the third party didn't install disksuite after the upgrade. Does anyone know... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
10 Replies

5. Solaris

DiskSuite dilemma

Hello, We have this system a SunFire 280R running Solaris 8 Generic_117350-46. It has 2 36GB disks in it. They are mirrored with DiskSuite 4.2.1. When we execute a metastat all the devices report an Okay status, but when we go into metatool everything is in the Critical (maintenance)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
4 Replies

6. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Disksuite mirror expansion

Hi I had a disksuite mirror with two sub-mirrors which I wanted to expand. To expand this I had the bright idea of detaching one of the sub-mirrors and doing a metaclear on that submirror - then re-sized the underlying partition ( doubling it in size ) then I did a metainit on this partition as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianc1234
6 Replies

9. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies
SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)						   systemd.slice						  SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)

NAME
systemd.slice - Slice unit configuration SYNOPSIS
slice.slice DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".slice" encodes information about a slice unit. A slice unit is a concept for hierarchically managing resources of a group of processes. This management is performed by creating a node in the Linux Control Group (cgroup) tree. Units that manage processes (primarily scope and service units) may be assigned to a specific slice. For each slice, certain resource limits may be set that apply to all processes of all units contained in that slice. Slices are organized hierarchically in a tree. The name of the slice encodes the location in the tree. The name consists of a dash-separated series of names, which describes the path to the slice from the root slice. The root slice is named -.slice. Example: foo-bar.slice is a slice that is located within foo.slice, which in turn is located in the root slice -.slice. Note that slice units cannot be templated, nor is possible to add multiple names to a slice unit by creating additional symlinks to its unit file. By default, service and scope units are placed in system.slice, virtual machines and containers registered with systemd-machined(1) are found in machine.slice, and user sessions handled by systemd-logind(1) in user.slice. See systemd.special(5) for more information. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The slice specific configuration options are configured in the [Slice] section. Currently, only generic resource control settings as described in systemd.resource-control(5) are allowed. See the New Control Group Interfaces[1] for an introduction on how to make use of slice units from programs. IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are implicitly added: o Slice units automatically gain dependencies of type After= and Requires= on their immediate parent slice unit. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Slice units will automatically have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on shutdown.target. These ensure that slice units are removed prior to system shutdown. Only slice units involved with late system shutdown should disable DefaultDependencies= option. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.resource-control(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.scope(5), systemd.special(7), systemd.directives(7) NOTES
1. New Control Group Interfaces https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ControlGroupInterface/ systemd 237 SYSTEMD.SLICE(5)