Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Minicom Scripting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Minicom Scripting Post 39373 by ianf on Thursday 14th of August 2003 03:23:40 PM
Old 08-14-2003
Question Minicom Scripting

Does anyone have a working minicom script they would care to post as I can't get the scripting working and the scriptdemo and unixlogin sample scripts are on my system either.

Thanx,

I

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux - minicom

hello. i'm attempting to use minicom in linux, but i'm having some difficulties. When i type in "minicom", the application opens up. It says 'starting minicom/finding modem'(something like that). However, once it actually starts, I can't do anything. No matter what I type in, it doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickboxer
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to test for serial commonication??(minicom)

I am testing for serial comm.......... I got suggestion of minicom.... but when i fire minicom... then i get the following error... minicom minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults Device /dev/modem access failed: No such file or directory. I am using fedora 6 ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect minicom

Hi, I am new to using minicom. I want how to write a expect script for minicom login? I wrote a code but its not acting what iam expecting. here I have my code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd fconfigure $fd spawn -open $fd spawn minicom expect “enter:” send "\n" send "\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

minicom works, but stty does not

Hi all, I have some trouble getting stty to talk to some serial/usb converter. Getting minicom to work was however quite simple after I entered the following settings in addition to its standard-setup: pu port /dev/ttyUSB0 pu baudrate 19200 pu bits 8 pu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa-trick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from Minicom on a shell script

This is what I've tried: #!/bin/sh send sh send showifs send exit ! killall minicom My problem is that for some reason when I do this it doesn't give me the results of the prior commands sent like showifs So I suspect my syntax is wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uradunce
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little script with minicom

Hi all, i must do a little script that send AT command at ttyUSB3.. for example: Start Minicom: Set serial port ttyUSB3 AT+CREG? if response != OK then do something ...other AT command (open a socket tcp/ip with at comman) Send a file .txt for example. exit minicom. I saw on the... (49 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
49 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with minicom script

I'm a fairly new user to Linux based systems and am still a little uncomfortable with using the command interface. I'm trying to get my feet wet but have unfortunately hit a wall and am actually not even sure what I am trying to accomplish is at all possible. Basically, I am trying to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrdk00
0 Replies

9. SCO

Minicom

hello is there a copy of minicom or equivalent for unixware 7? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternatives to minicom During Remote Access?

Hey All, I am trying to find something similar to minicom, but it needs the ability to be ran during a remote dialup session on the remote device's side. If I dial into the remote server (*using minicom) and then try to run minicom on the remote server I get the following: # minicom... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
20 Replies
SDP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    SDP(1)

NAME
sdp -- scripting definition (sdef) processor SYNOPSIS
sdp -f {ahst} [-o directory | file | -] [options...] [file] DESCRIPTION
sdp transforms a scripting definition (``sdef'') file, or standard input if none is specified, into a variety of other formats for use with a scriptable application. The options are as follows: -f format Specify the output format. The format may be one or more of the following. Use these when you want to create a scriptable applica- tion: a Rez(1) input describing an 'aete' resource. s Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptSuite'' file. t Cocoa Scripting ``.scriptTerminology'' file. These formats are only necessary when creating a scriptable application that will run on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or earlier; as of 10.5 (Leopard), an application may use only an sdef. Use these when you want to control a scriptable application: h Scripting Bridge Objective-C header. You do not need to create a corresponding implementation file; Scripting Bridge will create the class implementations at runtime. -i includefile Include the type and class definitions from the specified sdef. It may be repeated to specify multiple files. This option is obso- lete; you should use an XInclude element in the sdef instead. -o directory | file | - Specify where to write the output. There are three styles: directory Write the output to automatically named files in that directory. Depending on the input and formats, sdp may generate several files. file Write all the output to that file. - Write all the output to standard output. The default is '-o .'; i.e., generate files in the current directory. Because Cocoa Scripting requires each suite to be in a separate file, using -o file with -f s or -f t is usually not a good idea. Some output formats have additional options relevant only to that format. For scriptSuite and scriptTerminology files (-f s and -f t): -V version Specify the minimum system version to be compatible with, for example, ``-V -10.4''. The default is to assume the current system ver- sion. Specifying anything before 10.3 will use NSString for 'file' type attributes, and will warn about non-object direct parameters. For Scripting Bridge Objective-C header files (-f h): --basename name, -N name Specify the ``base'' name. This name becomes the base name of the generated header and the prefix attached to all the generated classes. For example, saying --basename iTunes would result in a header file ``iTunes.h'' defining a iTunesApplication class. --hidden, -A Output definitions even for items the scripting definition marks as hidden. All such definitions will be flagged as deprecated, since hidden items are usually hidden for a reason. SEE ALSO
sdef(5) BUGS
sdp's error reporting leaves much to be desired. It does not provide line numbers for errors, though it will describe the element. It will not warn you of certain types of mistakes, such as using two different names with the same code (or vice versa), and will return a zero sta- tus even for erroneous input. Mac OS X July 12, 2007 Mac OS X