Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /etc/defaultrouter change without reboot Post 39024 by pressy on Monday 4th of August 2003 10:31:15 AM
Old 08-04-2003
which derivat?
on my sun i always do:
/etc/rc2.d/S69inet stop
/etc/rc2.d/S69inet start

greetings Preßy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Location of defaultrouter file in Red Hat

Where is the file containing the default router in Red Hat 7.0? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. Solaris

different defaultrouter

can i specify more than one defaultrouter on the same solaris 9 box .??? If yes what are the side effects if any .? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

3. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Permission Change Upon Reboot

I have a Sun 4800 running on Solaris 9 OS. Each time I reboot the server the permissions on /tmp are change from root/sys 1777 to root/root 775. This causes a problem as I have custom programs the need this directory set to root/sys. I have search the sun site and can't find a solution. Anybody... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gross
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Defaultrouter not changing !!

Hi experts I have to change the default router of some system I tried changing by deleing the existing route by following line #route delete default 172.24.2.101 then I added executed the below line to add the new router #route add default 172.24.1.254 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Change gateway without reboot server

Hi Gurus Recently i had change the gateway for a server i had change the IP in the /etc/defaultrouter and run the below command # route add default 10.86.33.222 # route delete default 10.86.33.1 # netstat -rn Routing Table: IPv4 Destination Gateway Flags Ref ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defaultrouter permissions

Ok ... I've relocated a SUN box and I've managed to change all of the IP addressess successfully ... both the local IP addresses and those that the box needs to connect to remotely. I was able to get the box to accept the default router's IP address using the command "route add default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahays
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

10. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)