Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Unix V/386 Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO Unix V/386 Help Post 3822 by Neo on Wednesday 11th of July 2001 09:29:29 PM
Old 07-11-2001
Yes, you need a boot disk.

As a minimal, you should read the documentation for suggestions on how to partition your disks. I would suggest that you need to find the documentation for your SCO distribution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX for 386 SX 4MB RAM

How, where from and which UNIX or LINUX can I download so that I can use it normally working on 386 SX 4MB RAM. I want to use only its basic functions and C and C++ compiler on it. I need it for my studies. P.S I need a stable UNIX or LINUX including a full set of functions of C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Traiancho
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix V/386

where can i get a boot diskette for my old SCO UNIX V/386 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LEO P. CAPARAS
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

4. Programming

do you have unix for 386

hello!i have a 8 year old computer.it's 386dx, 40mhz,4mb edo ram,and it has 400mb hd.i'm looking for unix or linux which can work on my computer.if you know where can i find it please help me.if you have one please send it to ilovebasic@yahoo.com. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfjfgkþo
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Where can I find a Unix OS that will run on a 386 processor?

Hey, can anyone recommend a URL (or website) where I can download a basic (or old) UNIX OS that will run on an ancient laptop that has a 386 processor, 4MB of RAM and a 40MB harddrive? Your help and suggestions are much appreciated! :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: methudrez
4 Replies

6. SCO

sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: format
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX 386 & HPUX

We have a C program which does the encryption and decryption. It is running fine in UNIX 386. But the same C program is giving different results in HP UX server. We found that the Ascii codes (output) are different. I don;t know why it is giving different results. How can we get the same output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version of unix for a 386

I have already learned everything possible from windows or all that I at least care to learn and am now looking to move onto unix. My problem is that I have never used unix nor do I know anyone who has. If anyone could give any clues to what version/make of unix would be best on an old 386 box then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabodi
7 Replies

9. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 disk B2 needed

Hi to all! I'm new here. Recently I bought an Olivetti M400/10 with SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 installed, complete with all disks and manuals. Checking the distribution disks however I found that disk labeled B2 was unreadable. Does anyone have an image of this disk? I wish to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
7 Replies
CCD(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    CCD(4)

NAME
ccd -- Concatenated disk driver SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device ccd [count] DESCRIPTION
The ccd driver provides the capability of combining one or more disks/partitions into one virtual disk. This document assumes that you're familiar with how to generate kernels, how to properly configure disks and pseudo-devices in a kernel con- figuration file, and how to partition disks. Note that the 'raw' partitions of the disks must not be combined. Each component partition should be offset at least one cylinder from the beginning of the component disk. This avoids potential conflicts between the component disk's disklabel and the ccd's disklabel. The kernel will only allow component partitions of type FS_CCD. But for now, it allows partition of all types since some port lacks support of an on- disk BSD disklabel. The partition of FS_UNUSED may be rejected because device driver of component disk will refuse it. In order to compile in support for the ccd, you must add a line similar to the following to your kernel configuration file: pseudo-device ccd 4 # concatenated disk devices The count argument is how many ccds memory is allocated for at boot time. In this example, no more than 4 ccds may be configured. A ccd may be either serially concatenated or interleaved. To serially concatenate the partitions, specify the interleave factor of 0. If a ccd is interleaved correctly, a ``striping'' effect is achieved, which can increase performance. Since the interleave factor is expressed in units of DEV_BSIZE, one must account for sector sizes other than DEV_BSIZE in order to calculate the correct interleave. The kernel will not allow an interleave factor less than the size of the largest component sector divided by DEV_BSIZE. Note that best performance is achieved if all component disks have the same geometry and size. Optimum striping cannot occur with different disk types. Also note that the total size of concatenated disk may vary depending on the interleave factor even if the exact same components are concate- nated. And an old on-disk disklabel may be read after interleave factor change. As a result, the disklabel may contain wrong partition geometry and will cause an error when doing I/O near the end of concatenated disk. There is a run-time utility that is used for configuring ccds. See ccdconfig(8) for more information. WARNINGS
If just one (or more) of the disks in a non-mirrored ccd fails, the entire file system will be lost. FILES
/dev/{,r}ccd* ccd device special files. SEE ALSO
config(1), MAKEDEV(8), ccdconfig(8), fsck(8), mount(8), newfs(8) HISTORY
The concatenated disk driver was originally written at the University of Utah. BSD
March 5, 2004 BSD