Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tape Drive SCO 5.0.7
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Tape Drive SCO 5.0.7 Post 37995 by josramon on Thursday 3rd of July 2003 12:28:16 PM
Old 07-03-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by RTM
Try this link - seems to address your problem.

Thanks a lot for your help man

I'll look in to that!

That link you told me was very very good.

I got my problem fixed

Thanks a lot

Last edited by josramon; 07-11-2003 at 05:03 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second tape drive on SCO 505

I need to run a back up that will take more than one tape. What is the command that will continue the back up on to a second tape drive. the first is /dev/rStp0 second is /dev/rStp1. Anyone? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franruiz
1 Replies

2. SCO

Tape drive issues with SCO 5.0.5!!!

Hi Don't know if anyone will be able to help, but we're currently having problems with our external tape drive on our SCO server. If I try the following command for instance, "tar cvf /dev/rStp0", the tape drive jumps into action for a while, then comes back with the error "tar: cannot open:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattingg
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 Tape Drive errors

hi guys, I.m trying to remove and add a new tape drive by using the mkdev tape command and when i try to update the Kernel this is what i'm getting, i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_tag in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/s pace.o is multiply defined. First defined in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

5. SCO

SCO hard drive with data - No SCO computer

Situation - i have an IDE hard drive from server apparently running SCO last used in 2003. No access to computer it was formerly in. I need to access the drive to pull off data files from a billing/scheduling program. I have no SCO machine or access to one atm. Have some limited Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordlars1
3 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Openserver Release 5 and HP VS160 Tape Drive

Hi, Does anyone know if a HP VS160 Tape drive will work with SCO Openserver Release 5? If so what driver would it use? alad, cha? Thanks John (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfd7000
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 Tape Drive swap

Our tape drive died and I installed a newer Quantum DAT72 drive in it's place with the same SCSI ID. It still works, but with one major flaw, the system will lock up if I try to upgrade BackupEDGE or view NFS settings in scoadmin. I get a Transition to ready failure on ha=0* message when the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
4 Replies
BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)					       AFS Command Reference					       BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)

NAME
       backup_listhosts - Lists Tape Coordinators registered in the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup listhosts [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup listh [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup listhosts command displays the Backup Database record of the port offset numbers defined for Tape Coordinator machines. A Tape
       Coordinator must have an entry in the list to be available for backup operations.

The existence of an entry does not necessarily indicate that the Tape Coordinator process (butc) is currently running at that port offset.
       To check, issue the backup status command.

OPTIONS
       -localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       After a "Tape hosts:" header, the output reports two things about each Tape Coordinator currently defined in the Backup Database:

o   The hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator. The format of this name depends on the hostname format used when the backup
	   addhost command was issued.

o   The Tape Coordinator's port offset number.

The Tape Coordinators appear in the order in which they were added to the Backup Database.

EXAMPLES
       The following example shows the result of the command in the ABC Corporation cell:

% backup listhosts
	  Tape hosts:
	      Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 0
	      Host backup1.abc.com, port offset 1
	      Host backup3.abc.com, port offset 4
	      Host backup2.abc.com, port offset 3

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_delhost(8), backup_status(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26						       BACKUP_LISTHOSTS(8)