Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Top banner too big
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Top banner too big Post 37894 by Spetnik on Tuesday 1st of July 2003 03:15:45 PM
Old 07-01-2003
Question Top banner too big

Why not make it smaller? Say like a height of 400 pixels or so?

-AaronSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner

How can I display a message to the crt whenever someone logs on? They do not see a unix prompt. I need to easily update this also. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

4. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

5. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

6. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with banner.

is there a way to reduce the size of the banner? banner -w ? TIA (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
8 Replies
pamdice(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pamdice(1)

NAME
pamdice - slice a Netpbm image into many horizontally and/or vertically SYNOPSIS
pamslice -outstem=filenamestem [-width=width] [-height=height] [-verbose] [filename] You can use the minimum unique abbreviation of the options. You can use two hyphens instead of one. You can separate an option name from its value with white space instead of an equals sign. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PAM, PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Splits it horizontally and/or vertically into equal size pieces and writes them into sepa- rate files as the same kind of image. See the -outstem option for information on naming of the output files. The -width and -height options determine the size of the output pieces. pnmcat can rejoin the images. OPTIONS
-outstem=filenamestem This option determines the names of the output files. Each output file is named filenamestem_y_x.type where filenamestem is the value of the -outstem option, x and y are the horizontal and vertical locations, respectively, in the input image of the output image, zero being the leftmost and top, and type is .pbm, .pgm, .ppm, or .pam, depending on the type of image. -width=width gives the width in pixels of the output images. The rightmost pieces are smaller than this if the input image is not a multiple of width pixels wide. -height=height gives the height in pixels of the output images. The bottom pieces are smaller than this if the input image is not a multiple of height pixels high. -verbose Print information about the processing to Standard Error. SEE ALSO
pamcut(1), pnmcat(1), pgmslice(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
put by Bryan Henderson in the public domain in 2001 31 January 2001 pamdice(1)