Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New Sparc box wont boot. Keyboard? Post 36564 by Neo on Friday 30th of May 2003 06:50:43 PM
Old 05-30-2003
My experience, a few years past, has been that many Sun Sparc products will not boot without the proper (matching) Sparc keyboard.

Maybe someone here can guide you to configure otherwise.......?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Firewall for Sparc Spo~aris Box

Hello, I in the process of installing a firewall. I'm new to this topic and would like to know if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm running Solaris 8. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunoracle
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Wont boot

I am new to HP-UX. I have a external SCSI drive with HP-UX on it. I was trying to clone it to another external scsi drive. I added the new drive to existing LVM. Then I used dd command. But it failed with I/O error. Now I cannot boot it from original drive. It's saying panic: LVM: Configuration... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: forhad
11 Replies

3. SCO

Boot 5.0.7 in RAM and change keyboard

hi I've boot OpenServer Release 5.0.7 from a setup CD and started "Execute a shell on ramdisk filesystem". Howto change keyboard from american to swiss german? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Having problems logging into a SPARC box

I have a Solaris 10 Sparc box that has suddenly stopped allowing users to ssh into the box. I've connected a laptop and can access the box as root using a serial connector. While performing the command svcs -xv, this is my output: maintenance 13:29:49 svc:/system/basicreg:default... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Blade 150 wont boot off cdrom

Hello, Ive just aquired a blade 150 off ebay.Im new to suns and are having a problem getting it to boot off the cdrom.Openboot continuously tries to do a network boot and I cant enter any commands.Im using an average pc keyboard and it definetly works.Thanks for any help.:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chucky
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 zone wont boot - interface in use

We have a Solaris 10 system with a solaris 9 branded zone. Trying to create a new lo interfaces i ended up rebooting the zone. The zone will not come up, it ran fine before i tried this. When i run the zoneadm -z zone-s9 boot command i get "zoneadm: zone 'zone-s9': lo0:2: could not bring... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

7. SCO

Sco UNIX wont boot - long beeps

HI All, I have an old SCO-UNIX machine which I support a long standing client / friend with. I don't use it very often, and is kept switched off. All was well 2 weeks ago, but when I tried to boot today all I get is a continuous set of long beeps but no booting. I have checked inside... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy sleight
4 Replies

8. Solaris

SPARC box to study on?

What's the cheapest box to study for the Solaris tests with? The obvious answer is a T1000, but IIRC they have no CD/DVD and have to be jumpstarted. What's cheap that can run Solaris 11 and that doesn't require anything but itself? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
5 Replies
gnome-keyboard-properties(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-keyboard-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-properties - set your keyboard preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Keyboard preference tool allows you to select autorepeat settings for your keyboard, and to configure the sound events that are associ- ated with the keyboard. The Keyboard preference tool also allows you to launch the Keyboard accessibility preference tool. See gnome-acces- sibility-keyboard-properties(1) for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Keyboard preference tool example% gnome-keyboard-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-Executable for Keyboard preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-keyboard-properties(1)