Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to ignore control commands Post 35589 by myoeminn on Sunday 20th of April 2003 01:38:34 PM
Old 04-20-2003
Question how to ignore control commands

hi,

while we writing shell script, i want to ignore interrupts likes - "control + C" or "control + \"
coz I just print out the message.

how can i do this?

thanks

min

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

code that reads commands from the standard i/p and executes the commands

Hello all, i've written a small piece of code that will read commands from standard input and executes the commands. Its working fine and is execting the commands well. Accepting arguments too. e.g #mkdir <name of the directory> The problem is that its not letting me change the directory i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phrozen Smoke
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please ignore this....

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can some one give me some link about process and job control commands

can some one give me some link about process and job control commands (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore STDERR when nesting commands?

I have a pel script running as root that needs to read the contents of a file on a remote system, I have an ssh trust relationship as a particular user but not as root. I then need to write back out to that file again to change it's content a bit. On the surface this seemed really easy but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls ignore pattern

Hi, I have a FTP script that check for ".done" files in the remote path and the "get" the corresponding data files. Here's how it does..... First it list all the *.done file as below: ls *.done And then it picks one file and get the corresponding data file. After that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ls to ignore ~ and # files

Is there a way to customize ls to ignore files ending with ~ and #? (those are Emacs backup and auto-save files). I found -B option, which only ignores ~ files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaroslavvb
2 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP: difference between 'cl' commands and 'cli' commands

Hi all, I'm new in this forum. I'm looking for the difference between the HACMP commands with the prefix "cl" and "cli". The first type are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/sbin directory and the second are under /usr/es/sbin/cluster/cspoc directory. I know that the first are called HACMP for AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peppix
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ignore .profile

hi there i try to login on a remote system without running the .profile of the remote user. is there a way to do that? can i just ignore it or can i tell the ssh command wich .profile to use? thanks for your help. cheers, zeroone (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeroone
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-e] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux