Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp timestamp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp timestamp Post 35535 by oombera on Wednesday 16th of April 2003 01:53:09 PM
Old 04-16-2003
(a) I don't think so.. When the file is ftp'd to the remote system, it's "creation" time becomes whatever the time is on that system.

(b) Not sure exactly what you mean.. you could delete the file on the local system as soon as it's ftp'd to the remote one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp - get file and keep original timestamp?

Can you ftp (get) a file from another server and keep the timestamp on the file that is on the other server? ie. server1 server2 - Mar 12 12:30 /filename1 On Mar 15 at 13:00 server1 ftp to server2 and get /filename1 I want the file filename1 to have the date (Mar 12 12:30) on the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP from windows to Unix maintaining timestamp

Hi, Is it possible to Ftp the files from Windows to Unix while maintaining their timestamp Gaurav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP timestamp

Hi, I am searching for a way to change the display format of the timestamp from an FTP server. From a SOLARIS 9 server (ksh) I am connecting with a shell script using Ncftp to an FTP remote server. This script is making a list of available files on that FTP server. All files are listed with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

preserving the timestamp of a file when copied from remote server to local server using ftp

Hi, I need to copy few files from remote server to local server. I write a shell script to connect to the remote server using ftp and go to that path. Now i need to copy those files in the remote directory to my local server with the timestamp of all those files shouldnt be changed. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of timestamp on ftp

Hello Need help with shell script There is are files on my ftp. They overwriting every hour from other places. ls -la /home/ftp/ -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 2296 2012-08-11 12:59 G1.zip -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 6676 2012-08-11 13:00 KRT1.zip -rw-r--r-- 1 ftp nogroup 5169... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ck80
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
uucico(1M)																uucico(1M)

NAME
uucico - transfer files for the uucp system SYNOPSIS
system debug_level] spool_directory] debug_level] spool_directory] Remarks The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the section below. DESCRIPTION
scans the directories for work files. If such files exist, a connection to a remote system is attempted using the line protocol for the remote system specified in file then executes all requests for work and logs the results. Options recognizes the following options: Start in the MASTER mode. The default is SLAVE mode. Do work only for the system specified by system. If there is no work for system on the local spool directory, initiate a connection to system to determine if system has work for the local system. This option must be used if is specified. Search directory spool_directory instead of the default spool directories (usually Use debugging option. debug_level is an integer in the range 1 through 9. More debugging information is given for larger values of debug_level. is usually started by a local program such as or (see cron(1M), uucp(1), and uuxqt(1M)). Only when debugging should a user initiate directly. When started by a local program, is considered the MASTER and attempts a connection to a remote system. If is started by a remote system, it is considered to be in SLAVE mode. For the connection to a remote system to be successful, there must be an entry in the file on the remote system of the form: WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uusched(1M). O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED
uucico(1M)