Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: XP Pro: home network
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions XP Pro: home network Post 34988 by perleo on Monday 24th of March 2003 01:50:38 PM
Old 03-24-2003
okay, i got it working.

thanks anyway.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

home network not working!

i just linked 2 100MHz Linux kernel 2.4.2 boxes togeather using a direct cable connection, on two 3Com PCI network cards, using the EtherLink III chipset. Unfortuanately, when I boot both PCs, i get a loading interface: eth0 for five minutes, then a failed flag. No networking suppt. in windows,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Home Network Storage Solution.

Hi All... I have never really touched any form of unix so any help would be appraciated. I am looking at creating/building another PC to add to my network for storage purposes only. Would unix be the best OS to use in this situation as all I have available to me is a very low end PC. As... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merlyn
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why /home and /packages are network based?

Does anyone noe why /home n /packages r usually kept remotely..as in network base by administrators?is it because of security reasons??? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rave77us
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Linux on/in a home network

I recently received an e-mail from "the faculty" at Unix-dot-Com and I was reminded of this notable resource for folks learning about Unix and its clone, Linux. I hadn't posted anything in two years and during that time, I have been working, in my spare time, on a home network combining two Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annatar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to configure routing on home network

I have a Windows laptop and a Sparc desktop. I'm trying to toy around with routing. If have always on broadband from BT. My router ipaddress is: 192.168.1.1 This router uses DHCP. My Laptop Ip is as follows: Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kongowea
2 Replies

6. Linux

Need help w/home network

Hello world! I'm writing to you from Chile, Southamerica, and need a little help with my tiny home netwk. Hope you can give me a hand because this thing is breaking my balls. This is what i have: 1 windows box with XP pro (server) 1 linux box with DSL (box) 1 wrt54gl router with dd-wrt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juanpedro
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

ssh into home network

I am trying to ssh from my computer at work into my home PC. My work computer is running mac os x 10.6.3, home PC is running ubuntu. At home I have multiple PC's hooked up through a router and modem. I have gone into the router settings and set up port forwarding to forward ports 22 and 175 to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
9 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help building a home network needed.

I have one computer with internet connection and printers that I would like to connect to another computer to use as a practice/test Server. I would like the server to access the other computer by a direct connection of some sort because I don't see the point of aquiring the hardward (ethernet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

DHCP and DNS on a home network

Let's say I have a home network containing a server that acts as the resident gateway and serves dhcp and dns requests. Laptop A is frequently connected and disconnected from the network as it is used as a travel computer. Is there a secure way to make sure that whenever laptop A is connected to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zygomorph
3 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-L | -P] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. EXIT STATUS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
April 12, 2003 BSD