Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Couldn't compile the simple "Hello World" Post 34713 by oombera on Thursday 6th of March 2003 02:36:01 PM
Old 03-06-2003
Some ideas:

Instead of:
#include <iostream>

try either:
using namespace std;
or
#include <iostream.h> (deprecated)

Also, instead of cout << ... you can try std::cout << ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed 's/~/\^J/g' how to get "^J" on same line as rest of the command.

when ever i type it in it always looks like so echo $file | sed 's/~/\ /g' how can i get it on one line? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i don't understand the "sort" command

i have been trying to understand this chapter titled "Searching for Files and Text" for a few weeks now. unfortunately, this chapter is one of those things, that no matter how hard you try and how long you try for, you are incapable of understanding (at least in my case) this entire chapter,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Why i can't use the tool "turbosoundcfg" to configure the sound in my TurboLinux?

But the page "http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/tlc61/node60.html" says it can.Why ?What can i do? Help me ! Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HoHow to compile Linux dialog - "curses.h" missing ?

Hi, I tried native compile Linux dialog for Linux embedded device and got "curses.h" error message. As Linux dialog is already compiled and working as Debian .deb package (installed it). What is a way to import curses.h from other package sources to work for dialog sources compilation in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

5. Programming

dbx: couldn't read "file.cpp"

Anyone know why I might be getting these messages when I'm debugging in dbx? When it stops, I'll get messages like: stopped in get_smtp_line() at line 248 in file "" ($t1) couldn't read "mail_un.cpp" And then I can't list the contents of the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Programming

Exact meaning of the "world" in "hello world"

Hello! I have a question to native English-speaking people. In the popular program's "hello world" greeting, what meaning the "world" has: "all", "everybody", "people", "friends" or "whole world", "planet", "Earth", "Universe"? In other words, to whom this greeting is addressed: to the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene Muzychen
14 Replies

8. Linux

Is it possible to insert compile module after compiled "make" without installing

Hi gud day, I would like to ask if possible to load the driver i compiled module without installing it in the ubuntu-kernel-distro/updates* or simple not executing "make install". what i mean is i compile the compat wireless driver using make and i want to try to load on the system without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat) 			     Unix Domain client Socket				   FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::LocalClientSocket - Client Socket connecting to a Server in the Unix Domain SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/localclientsocket> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
An FBB::LocalClientSocket may be constructed to connect to a server process in the Unix Domain. The socket made available by the FBB:Local- ClientSocket may be used to initialize a std::istream and/or std::ostream. The std::istream is used to read information from the server process to which the FBB::LocalClientSocket connects, The std::ostream is used to send information to the server process to which the FBB::LocalClientSocket connects. Since a socket may be considered a file descriptor the avaiable FBB::IFdStream, FBB::IFdStreamBuf, FBB::OFdStream, and FBB::OFdStreamBuf classes may be used profitably here. Note that having available a socket does not mean that this defines the communication protocol. It is (still) the responsibility of the programmer to comply with an existing protocol or to implement a tailor-made protocol. The latter situation implies that the sequence of input- and output operations is defined by the programmer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
FBB::LocalSocketBase CONSTRUCTOR
o LocalClientSocket(): This constructor merely creates a FBB::LocalClientSocket object. Before it can be used, its open() member must be called. o LocalClientSocket(std::string const &name): This constructor initializes an FBB::LocalClientSocket object, using the named Unix Domain socket to connect to the server using the named Unix Domain socket. An FBB::Errno is thrown if the socket could not be constructed. The construction of the socket does not mean that a connection has actually been established. In order to connect to the server, the member connect() (see below) should be used. The copy constructor is not available. MEMBER FUNCTION
o int connect(): This member returns a socket that can be used to communicate with the server process. An FBB::Errno exception is thrown if the con- nection could not be established. o open(std::string const &name): This member function prepares the FBB::LocalClientSocket object, constructed earlier using the default constructor, for use. The named Unix Domain socket is used to connect to the server using the named Unix Domain socket. An FBB::Errno is thrown if the socket could not be constructed. The construction of the socket does not mean that a connection has actually been established. In order to connect to the server, the member connect() should be used. EXAMPLE
See also the localserversocket(3bobcat) example. #include <iostream> #include <bobcat/localclientsocket> #include <bobcat/ifdstream> #include <bobcat/ofdstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main(int argc, char **argv) try { if (argc == 1) { cerr << "Provide filename representing the unix domain socket "; return 1; } LocalClientSocket client(argv[1]); int fd = client.connect(); string line; cout << "Connecting to socket " << fd << endl; IFdStream in(fd); // stream to read from OFdStream out(fd); // stream to write to while (true) { // Ask for a textline, stop if empty / none cout << "? "; if (!getline(cin, line) || line.length() == 0) return 0; cout << "Line read: " << line << endl; // Return the line to the server out << line.c_str() << endl; cout << "wrote line "; // Wait for a reply from the server getline(in, line); cout << "Answer: " << line << endl; } return 0; } catch (Errno const &err) { cerr << err.what() << " " << "Can't connect to " << argv[1] << ", port " << argv[2] << endl; return 1; } FILES
bobcat/localclientsocket - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), ifdstream(3bobcat), ifdstreambuf(3bobcat), clientsocket(3bobcat), localserversocket(3bobcat), localsocketbase(3bobcat), ofd- stream(3bobcat), ofdstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::LocalClientSocket(3bobcat)