Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: opening floppy
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers opening floppy Post 34693 by yls177 on Wednesday 5th of March 2003 11:12:49 AM
Old 03-05-2003
samba may help u, i have tried it for myself though
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying to a floppy

how do i copy a file from solaris to a floppy drive. today is my first day using solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parksr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

boot floppy

hello , i have sun sparc machine with sunos2.7 , the machine has a cdrom but no floppy drive , it is networked with windows machine , from where i can use ftp and telnet. can i use floppy drive of windows machine and create a boot image(of unix) on that drive, using ftp? thanx raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suse Floppy not available

HI, I installed Suse 8.1 on an Emachine with a Cyrix processor equivelent to Pentium II. The dmesg reveals that the floppy was recognised, and there is an icon on the desktop for it, but when I trey to access it, it is not available. If I access it from a terminal window, the error I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonshyne5
7 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Writing to a floppy

For some reason I cannot get my UNIX box on my network so I have no way of tranferring files from it or to it. Does anyone.....anyone know how I redirect my output or write to the floppy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlrusso
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

floppy

i manage to screw up alittle i entered in /etc/fstab mount /dev/fd0 msdos /mnt/floppy 2 2 or something and now when i boot i get an error like this The following file systems had an unexpected inconsistency: msdos: /dev/fd0 (/mnt/floppy) Unknown error; Help! init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekizz
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

I cant access the floppy

I have two Digital boxs... vintage mid90's OS DEC Unix... I need to write an ASCII file to the floppy drive for transfer to a Windows box. The boxes are isolated. No email, no internet, no network... except between each other. A primary and a backup. I examined /dev and found two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisCram
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix to a floppy

If I need to copy files in Unix to a floppydisk so that the disk is compatible with extended FAT16 and can be read by Windows XP-Do I mount the floppy disk to use ufs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhonda
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB Floppy

How can we install usb floppy drive in SCO 5.0.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irshad ishaque
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Can not initialize the floppy

Hello Everyone, Has anyboby ever come across the problem when fd refuses to get initialised. I try to use mediainit command, the fd is being accessed (the fd's LIT is green for some secs) but then I get the message - "Initialize media command failed - permission denied" I checked the diskette,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andrey Malishev
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding floppy

Regarding floppy drive .. I need a command or a method by which i can detect a floppy drive is present or not ? Thanks, Priya. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
4 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)