Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Doskey
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doskey Post 34551 by LivinFree on Thursday 27th of February 2003 12:11:34 PM
Old 02-27-2003
Just an FYI to above, bash can do either history type, as can some vrsions of ksh.

bash default is the same as entering "set -o emacs".
You can get the vi editing mode on bash by entering "set -o vi".

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOSKEY

I am a new UNIX user. I use SCO Openserver 5. I am also a longtime MS-DOS user (since 1981). There was a program with DOS called DOSKEY. It allowed you to assign a code to an F key; every time you pressed that F key you got the code on the command line. You could put in whatever command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimwelch4
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command similar to doskey

Hello all, I need a help in unix. is there any command in unix similar to doskey in MS Dos. It taked pain to enter the big command again and again.. the up and down arrows do not bring the previous commands on the prompt. so pls let me know if there is any command to enable the doskey kind of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halel
4 Replies
roarify(1)							   User Commands							roarify(1)

NAME
roarify - roarify an application that does not have RoarAudio support SYNOPSIS
roarify [OPTIONS...] PROGRAM [ARGS...] DESCRIPTION
This command sets up a environment that enables all RoarAudio compatibility librarys. Audio data from applications should automatically be redirected to the RoarAudio server. OPTIONS
--help Print usage information. --print-env-bash Print ENVs used in bash format. --server Set server address to connect to. --load Force loading of a given module. --no-load-roar Do not preload libroar. --no-load-oss DO not load OSS emulation (libroaross). SEE ALSO
roarctl(1), roarcat(1), roartips(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio October 2010 roarify(1)