Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xdmcp and netstat
Special Forums IP Networking xdmcp and netstat Post 34139 by kymberm on Thursday 6th of February 2003 03:59:48 PM
Old 02-06-2003
xdmcp and netstat

On my linux box, i run netstat -l and i see xdmcp in the list but it doesn't have LISTEN as its state, see what it shows below, I'm wondering if this might explain why i can't see it in my exceed broadcast listing of servers broadcasting on our net? My unix boxes don't show this at all.

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
udp 36800 0 *:xdmcp *:*

what does this mean? is xdmcp supposed to be using the udp protocol? not tcp?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP setup

How do you verify your XDMCP setup on Sun Solaris? I am trying to establish a connection, but no XDMCP servers were found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heinb
1 Replies

2. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

xdmcp on HP-UX

Anybody know how to set up xdmcp on HPUX (11.0 +)? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

xdmcp config

hi everybody, can anyone please tell me what are things for verify to have an xdmcp connexion ton HPUX 10.20 host best regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP no password

Hello all, Does anyone know or have configure their system to allow no password during an XDMCP session. I' m running Redhat whit gdm manager. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

6. Solaris

XDMCP setup (only one time)

I tried to connect to a Solaris computer through XDMCP (through Xnest from an RHEL 4u4 computer), but it doesn't quite work. I can login once and everything works perfectly. If I log off and try a 2nd time, I can see the login screen, and can enter the username and password, and then if they are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Claw84
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Help: for XDMCP

Hi, Boss i have a problem about open the Graphic remote. when i used the Xmanager2.0 connect to the Sun Fire880 with Sun solaris 2.8 software. prompt to following information: XDMCP connection failed: retry? so can some body told me how the check the XDMCP protocol was enable...and the port 177... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
9 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP Error

Hi Friends, I am not able to login through X browser from Windows Machine to Sun Fire V890 server. Solaris 10 is installed on this machine. Please suggest me what changes need to be done in Solaris Server. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)