Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX for Dummies Test
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX for Dummies Test Post 33782 by norsk hedensk on Sunday 19th of January 2003 09:02:48 AM
Old 01-19-2003
You had 9 of 10 correct
That is 90.00 %
Quite impressive, indeed!
Of all the testers, the average was 47.22 %

i think i got the question on location of sendmail wrong too.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix for Dummies FAQ

I have created a small FAQ for the "Unix for Dummies" forum. Hopefully this will be useful, as there are questions which are asked (and answered) repeatedly. <A HREF="http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html">http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scripts for dummies

í have no idea how to write a script. can someone help? how would i write a script that will do the following commands mkdir temp cp * temp cd temp ls i want to be able to do a set of commands by typing in only one command. i´m a windows user that is trying to learn unix, finally :P so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeldivady
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl for Dummies

Hi all. iam new to this and i want to learn perl Any good website out there ?? anything will do thanks :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Test

Hi, I just started studying AI at the university of amsterdam and I heard there is some basic UNIX test which is available online. Well, if any of you knows a link to that test I would truely appreciate it. Thanks a lot, L (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: L.A. BOSS
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris for dummies

Is there one command that will display all system information on a Solaris host running Solaris 8? System information such as model, memory, CPU, disk space etc. etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mita
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dummies question

Please help to answer some highlighted question below. 1. How to create more than 1 partition in a single hard disk? 2. How to format the created partition to be viewable like in windows C: or D: ? 3. How to use pen drive in unix environment? 4. How to find a file starting with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
8 Replies
newinclude(1)						      General Commands Manual						     newinclude(1)

NAME
newinclude - create a binary mailing list from an :include: file SYNOPSIS
newinclude list DESCRIPTION
newinclude reads a sendmail-style :include: file, list, and converts it into a binary format in list.bin for use by fastforward. newinclude first writes the mailing list to list.tmp, and then moves it to list.bin. If there is any problem creating list.tmp, newinclude leaves list.bin alone. newinclude always creates list.bin world-readable. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: sendmail reads list directly; fastforward needs list.bin. sendmail's strategy is a disaster if you save list to disk at the same moment that sendmail reads it; the list will be truncated at a random spot, perhaps in the middle of an address. Further- more, if the system crashes while you are writing list, list could be filled with all sorts of garbage. LIST FORMAT
list may contain any number of lines; each line may contain any number of addresses or further :include: files. See newaliases(1) for details on the address format. Any line in file beginning with # is ignored. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: newinclude does not support file or program deliveries in :include: files. You can use the secure delivery mecha- nisms described in dot-qmail(5) instead. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Versions of sendmail before V8 did not allow comments in :include: files. SEE ALSO
fastforward(1), newaliases(1), setmaillist(1), dot-qmail(5) newinclude(1)