Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restoring a file from Tape
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Restoring a file from Tape Post 3329 by mfischer on Thursday 28th of June 2001 07:00:38 PM
Old 06-28-2001
not quite what I was after
the problem is that i dont have a test system so when i do this it will be restored into a live accounting database.
what about the following will it work?
cpio -iAcvBu -I </dev/nrStp0 ./data/accountdb/GL.AAREPORT

I think this will restore to the original directory...I need to restore to a different directory such as ./temp

any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problems restoring from tape in AIX

I am trying to restore some files from a DLT drive in AIX 4.3 but I am having a few problems. Basically when I try to run the restore command I get the following error: Cannot read from the specified input. Please enter the device name when ready I am the following command for the restore ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Hunter
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocksize problem restoring file from tape

I was recently given the responsibility of the unix box at our work. Without much training, I now have to go back and restore a file from tape. I'm having some trouble with it. I'm getting an error with the blocksize. The part of the script that does the tar looks like this: tar cvfX... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: citrowske
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring a file

I'm new to Unix and have just wrote a little program to move files to a recycle bin (a Directory i created) and restore them. The problem is that i need to keep track of all the full filenames so that i can restore them to the right place. I did this by creating a file called delreg and putting the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoolz
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restoring tape files...

Hi all, I have kinda inherited this problem, but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas. Currently all our backup rentention periods are set to 2 weeks, so that we can cycle through tapes (save money etc...). Anyhow the guys next door in IT, decided one day long long ago, that it would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem restoring files from remote tape drive

Server 1 - Sun Solaris 5.8 sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R with attached DLT tape drive /dev/rmt/0n Server 2 - Old DG-UX box which has restore command on it compatible with the files on the backyup tape - backed up with dump2 Server 3 - Sun solaris 5.9 sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490 with lots of free space... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lindab
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Restoring dump from tape to SCSI disk

Hi Gurus, I need help. Mine is an Ultra 10 machine running on solaris 7. Problem with solaris 7 is, it can no longer recognize IDE disks greater that 10GB. My workaround is ro use an external SCSI disk since it is recognizable with solaris 7. I backup my filesystems (residing on the IDE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: domesat
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Information about taking dump of a unix server on a tape and then restoring

Hi all, Can anyone provide me with a site or book that gives detailed information about taking dump of a unix server on a tape and then restoring the server from the dump Also i want information about migration from old server to new server (solaris 5.6 to solaris 8) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restoring problem on tape!

hi all , a messages appeared to me when i was checking my /var/adm/messages and the below code was in it Oct 6 13:15:21 medprod scsi: /pci@3,700000/SUNW,emlxs@0/fp@0,0/st@w21000024ff305234,7 (st1): Oct 6 13:15:21 medprod Restoring tape position at fileno=320,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: semaan
5 Replies
SPD-CONF(1)						      General Commands Manual						       SPD-CONF(1)

NAME
spd-conf - A simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics SYNOPSIS
spd-conf [options] DESCRIPTION
spd-conf is a simple tool for basic configuration of Speech Dispatcher and problem diagnostics OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -e, --espeak Use espeak to synthesize messages --test-festival Test whether Festival works as a server -s, --test-spd-say Test connection to Speech Dispatcher using spd-say --test-pulse Test Pulse Audio -c, --config-basic-settings-user Configure basic settings in user configuration -u, --create-user-conf Create Speech Dispatcher configuration for the given user -C, --config-basic-settings-system Configure basic settings in system-wide configuration -n, --dont-ask Do not ask any questions, always use default values --test-alsa Test ALSA audio --test-espeak Test whether Espeak works as a standalone binary -d, --diagnostics Diagnose problems with the current setup -D, --debug Debug a problem and generate a report AUTHOR
spd-conf was written by Hynek Hanke <hanke@brailcom.org>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 24, 2009 SPD-CONF(1)