Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hyperterm settings for an sgi challenge s server? Post 32513 by xyyz on Wednesday 27th of November 2002 08:40:06 PM
Old 11-27-2002
no, i know that... but what i'm looking for are console settings.

bits per second, data bits, flow control, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Connecting SGI to Windows PC

I am trying to network an SGI running Irix 6.5 through an ethernet line to a PC running Windows 2000 (I have connected other PC's to this PC without any problems.) The PC has a DSL connection from Verizon that does not support Unix. I tried using DHCP on the SGI, but when I open a web browser on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

sgi 6.5 to windows nt

could anyone tell me how to network an sgi octane to a windows based machine. i am able to get internet access but the machines do not see each other on the network. thanks :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: loleeg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy from Solaris to HyperTerm

Hello, I try to copy a small file e.g. /etc/hosts from my workstation to my office Pc via serial cable on Port b. (/dev/term/b) But I donīt now how! On the Pc I can only use the HyperTerm on NT because this is the released software. There is an option to send or receive data but i have no idea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux and irix on sgi

I have an SGI Indigo2 which I bought off of ebay. It has Irix 6.5.15, but I am really not happy with this architecture and the proprietariness of SGI. I have two hard drives. Is it possible to install Redhat Linux on the second drive and run it on the Indigo2? I used Unix in college a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SGI tag command

tag command works only on executables and shell scripts. How can I convert text file to shell script so I could apply "tag" command. "chmod" and "/bin/sh" dont help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have a SGI Impact 10,000 what should i do with it?

I have one of these machines i just aquired. http://www.sgi.com/products/legacy/p...go2_indigo.pdf What should i do with it id love to configure a OS on it but im a noob to unix. I want to be able to configure the OS then be able to ssh (think thats what iots called) into it and learn how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenomXt
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mac telnet to SGI??

I have a macbook and am trying to telnet to an SGI to start some calculations while i am away from the SGI...anyways is there a way i can start the calcuation and keep it going without having to have my terminal open and telnet connection to the SGI the whole time? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

9. Debian

Best RAID settings for Debian Server? Help!! (1+0 or 5 or NAS)

I am installing a Debian Server on a: HP Proliant DL380 G4 Dual CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) I will be using this server to capture VHS video, encode, compress, cut, edit, make DVD's, rip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Reboot required on Server, Just confirm my settings.

Hi Guys, I need to reboot one Server as the newly inserted disk is not getting detected in system , I have also confirmed with Sun Support and finally it was the reboot which was required after doing all troubleshooting stuff. So I have disassembled the mirror and kept working disk's single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
3 Replies
scc(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    scc(7)

NAME
scc - Serial keyboard/mouse/communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller scc0 at tc0 slot 3 vector sccintr DESCRIPTION
Two base board Zilog scc dual UARTS provide DEC 3000 series personal systems with keyboard, mouse, and serial communications interfaces. The serial communications interfaces can operate at baud rates from B50 to B57600 (see tty(7)). The driver for the scc interface supports hardware flow control using the Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) signals. When hardware flow control is enabled, the flow of input data is controlled by the RTS signal and the flow of output data is controlled by the CTS signal. If the CTS signal is off, the driver will suspend output to that line until the CTS lead is reasserted. Likewise, the driver will turn off the RTS lead to tell the device connected to the line to stop sending data as a result of congestion on the host side. When the condition clears, the driver will turn on the RTS lead to tell the device to resume sending data. In alternate console configurations (that is, no graphics head), communications port 2 (/dev/tty01) becomes the system console. The serial system console port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. No modem or hardware flow control is supported. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the console serial port in alternate console configurations must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. The scc driver enforces this restriction. Only communications port 1 (/dev/tty00) includes full modem control. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), modem(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off scc(7)